cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Correctly COPY a Project?

JSILV.2
Senior

After Pasting one Project, and allowing Uptading Reference Button, I tried to open the *ioc file which issued "error". Then, I had to rename to the newest Project name, then I was abble to open the *.ioc file. So, I might ask: Is it the correct "project copy" task? Doesn't the CUBE aren't able to fix all the newest references, based on the newest copied file name? Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

This is not in the known issues for v1.10.1

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32CubeIDE:STM32CubeIDE_errata_1.10.x#Known_issues

Just copy (and rename) the project in the simplest way that works, and report a bug if you like to.

JSILV.2
Senior

Follows my CUBE's version->

Version: 1.10.1

Build: 12716_20220707_0928 (UTC)

(C) 2022 STMicroelectronics ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @JSILV.2​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

I tried to copy a project and simply rename it as @Pavel A.​ mentioned. And this is what I found:

• After copying the project, you can rename the *.ioc file and open it successfully with CubeMx
  • You can generate code and open the CubeIDE project
  • The only think I encounter is that the CubeIDE project keep the original name.
  • I was able to rename the CubeIDE project from CubeIDE 0693W00000UoB9dQAF.png

If this didn't solve the issue you have; could you, please describe in detail the steps you did so I am able the use case.

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Dear Cherni.

The so called issue works as you just described. My conclusion is exact as you instructed me. Therefore, I made the best wayout.

Regards.