cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I install STM32CubeIde on Linux Debian 12?

Diego1
Associate II

I start the installation of STM32CubeIde on Debian 12, but it is impossible to continue the installation because it needs libpython2.7 and I have python3 installed on system. I can't downgrade the system.

How can I do?

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
AScha.3
Chief

I think you can install old python 2 also.... just search for it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
EP.4
Associate II

I had the same complaint. Remove python2.7 first. Then do `sudo apt-get install libpython2.7-stdlib:amd64=2.7.18-8 libpython2.7-minimal`

But on Debian12 it is not present at all python2.7 is not supported by the operating system, and it is not present in the repositories. So I can't remove it or install it, unfortunately...

Why do you have to install CubeIDE on this? Can you get a supported Linux version? The price is same.

>But on Debian12 it is not present at all python2.7 is not supported by the operating system, and it is not present in the repositories. So I can't remove it or install it, unfortunately...

I'm here to tell you that it is present in some repository, and I successfully installed it.

I believe it is: http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main

Raees
Associate II

Same issue in Ubuntu 23 also

Yes, It is on Debian 11, but not on Debian 12…

However I solved with the ‘generic Linux installer’ instead of the ‘debian installer’.

Thank you

owennewo
Associate

I ran into a similar problem on Ubuntu 23.04.  I don't have python 2.7 and don't really want to install it as this version is long dead.  
There are two installers, avoid the debian one and try the generic linux one:

owennewo_0-1691347173684.png

After unpacking/installing - I ran the `./stm32cubeide_wayland` option.  Not sure if this debian 12 is on wayland by default now but it works for my Ubuntu 23.04 install

This worked for me also...