cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Team, I am getting below errors in STM32CubeIde STM32F411CE_Board.elf section `.text' will not fit in region `FLASH' region `FLASH' overflowed by 230440 bytes Please support me to resolve this error. Regards, Vijendra

VGoya
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mattias norlander
ST Employee

Have a look at the build analyzer or the map-file for the build configuration producing the elf-file.

It will show you what is consuming data.

The supplied ioc-file only tells us which components that are enabled in MX. Not something we can use to make any conclusions. I see references to I-CUBE packages. Are these possibly contributing to the huge memory usage? Is it possible to disabled them?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
VGoya
Associate II

Files are attached here for reference

TDK
Guru

230kB is a lot of data. You need to remove some of it in order to fit into the available space. No magic solution to that. What is taking up so much space in your flash?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
mattias norlander
ST Employee

Have a look at the build analyzer or the map-file for the build configuration producing the elf-file.

It will show you what is consuming data.

The supplied ioc-file only tells us which components that are enabled in MX. Not something we can use to make any conclusions. I see references to I-CUBE packages. Are these possibly contributing to the huge memory usage? Is it possible to disabled them?

mdhebling
Associate II

Hello everybody!

I was facing the same on the present date and I managed to solve it as follows:

1) click on Run in the menu tab

2) click on Run Configurations

3) in the item "C/C++ Application:" go to Browser and insert the path where the .elf file is saved

4) click Apply and then Run

It is very likely that the program will compile and the error will no longer be displayed.

In my case this happened because the directory path where the .elf file is had been lost and when I re-entered the file location everything went back to normal.

Hope my tip helped.

Hi, i can't find the .elf file. Can you help me please?

Keil uses .AXF naming.

Executable objects might be missing if Linker doesn't complete properly.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..