cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I'm new here. I just got a STM32F769IDISCO board. I'm wondering what toolchain should I used.

Jinyu Z
Associate II

Let me introduce the situation. I download STM32CubeIDE from st.com, also the STM32Cube MCU package for STM32F7 series which provides many demonstrations.

The demonstration's project is created by three toolchains and they are EWARM ,MDK-ARM and SW4STM32. Can I open the projects file in STM32CubeIDE?

When I try to open SW4STM32 project in CubeIDE, the message says:

Project: STM32F769I_DISCOVERY

Converter: ST System Workbench for STM32 project converter

Date: 20201112

Unknown value type "" for id gnu.c.link.option.libs on tool fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.c.linker

Unknown value type "" for id gnu.c.link.option.paths on tool fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.c.linker

Option fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.cpp.linker.noexceptions is no longer supported

Option fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.cpp.linker.nortti is no longer supported

I have no idea on if the warning affect?

should I change to SW4STM32?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

According my own experience they are not leading to any issue using converted material.

Reported warnings moving from SW4STM32 to STM32CubeIDE are refering to some toolchain definition options which are not used at all if examples collection. Be safe about !

Unknown value type "" for id gnu.c.link.option.libs on tool fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.c.linker

Unknown value type "" for id gnu.c.link.option.paths on tool fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.c.linker

Option fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.cpp.linker.noexceptions is no longer supported

Option fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.cpp.linker.nortti is no longer supported

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @JACOB SCARIA​ ,

Welcome to STM32 Community :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

You can follow the guide explaining how to import projects from SW4STM32 or TrueSTUDIO to STM32CubeIDE:

Hope this is helpful for you.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thank you. It's very nice of you to give me the advice in the beginning.

I think it will be a nice journey.

Wish you a nice day.:*

You are welcome :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:, I'm so glad for you.

Please keep us updated on your progress on this issue. Then, when it is resolved, please close this topic by choosing "Select as Best".

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

According my own experience they are not leading to any issue using converted material.

Reported warnings moving from SW4STM32 to STM32CubeIDE are refering to some toolchain definition options which are not used at all if examples collection. Be safe about !

Unfortunately, following the doc. UM2579: Migration guide from SW4STM32 to STM32CubeIDE, the importing process fails.

0693W000005B8f0QAC.pngyou can see some source files cannot be located. I try to change one file's searching path through "properties" -> "Resource" -> "Location" -> "Edit"-> navigate the right location of the source file, the yellow warning icon before the source file disappear. But, there are so many source files with yellow icon. Also, it is not allowed to "edit" the path variable.

The reason may be that the fixed structure of the "STM32Cube MCU software package". Once you copy some parts to another folder, it fails to find the other parts of the package.

However, directly open the SW4STM32 project file, there is no such issue. "Build All" succeed, too.:smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Sounds good. Thank a lot.:smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Please tag such post as answered. I will help such community. Thanks.

Hello Imen,

One more question, is it recommended to use STM32cubeIDE for the beginning, or SW4STM32 better for a newbie?

BR,

Jinyu

Jinyu Z
Associate II

Finally, I found this:

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32StepByStep:Step1_Tools_installation

5 Launch STM32CubeIDE in debug mode and run my first program

In this section, STM32CubeIDE open the project file created by SW4STM32 directly and using the converter the SW4STM32 project file is converted to a STM32CubeIDE project file. I debug the example application successfully.

Thank you all sincerely.:*