cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder in Project Explorer

luke514
Senior

Is there a possibility to create folders in which to place projects in order to better visually organize all those in the workspace?

For example in the picture below there is only a small part of the long list of my projects in "Project Explorer" ... can I create folders visible in the "Project Explorer" in which to place/categorize projects?

luke514_0-1704312407070.png

I kindly ask is there anyone can guide me step by step because in the past I made some mistakes that cost me the loss of some projects I don't know in what remote parts of the computer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

You can't create folders, but you can organize your workspace into working sets, which is effectively the same thing.

Set up your workspace to show working sets at the top-level instead of projects:

TDK_0-1704315146540.png

Then create working sets and add your projects to them within Select Working Set... -> New -> C/C++ -> (select projects)

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

You can't create folders, but you can organize your workspace into working sets, which is effectively the same thing.

Set up your workspace to show working sets at the top-level instead of projects:

TDK_0-1704315146540.png

Then create working sets and add your projects to them within Select Working Set... -> New -> C/C++ -> (select projects)

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thank you.

It should appear like this, right?

luke514_1-1704386637407.png

You got it. It's a little more organized that way, right?

So if I want to view all projects (as in the original post) I select "No Working Sets," right?

What is the difference between "Selected Working Sets" and "Window Working Sets"?

(I understood "Selected Working Sets" obviously, but not "Window Working Sets").

luke514_0-1704388631658.png

> So if I want to view all projects (as in the original post) I select "No Working Sets," right?

Yes

> What is the difference between "Selected Working Sets" and "Window Working Sets"?

It looks like "Window Working Sets" is the same as "No Working Sets" for me, but I'm not sure on the details or intention here.

This behavior is all inherited from Eclipse, upon which STM32CubeIDE is built. You can google stuff like "eclipse working sets tutorial" and probably learn some more details.