cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatal error #.elf: No such file or directory in STM32CubeIDE

kathus
Associate II

Hello,

I’m trying to build the tutorial project at https://www.micropeta.com/video43 using STM32CubeIDE , I’ve tried it for the stm32f103c8t6 and it builds without error but when I tried to debug it said that these no such dt.elf file or directory. I have check the workspace and the dt.elf is literally these. I even tried to Inclued the dt.elf manualy but it still didn't work

Can someone help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

440802817_1268568877437770_877855977088048128_n.png445380639_7993749150649677_997007857836132722_n.png

9 REPLIES 9
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

dt.elf is a binary auto generated by the tool after compilation. 

dt.elf needs to be in Debug folder. No need to move it to other location.

Could you please share your project so I can have a look at?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,

Thanks. Could you please upload your project in the thread by drag and drop option:

SofLit_0-1716377689402.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
unsigned_char_array
Senior III

Spaces or special characters in paths can cause issues.

folder_name2.pngfolder_name1.png

Please remove the single quote from the username or use a different path. I usually put my projects in a folder directly in my root directory to avoid paths that are too long or have spaces.

Kudo posts if you have the same problem and kudo replies if the solution works.
Click "Accept as Solution" if a reply solved your problem. If no solution was posted please answer with your own.

Did you try my solution?

Kudo posts if you have the same problem and kudo replies if the solution works.
Click "Accept as Solution" if a reply solved your problem. If no solution was posted please answer with your own.

Hello,

I didn't face any issue to upload and start a debug session with your project:

SofLit_0-1716378917080.png

Could you please regenerate the code and compile again?

sorry im in middle of a class and didn't bring my lap so I'll try your solution when i get home 

I used the OCD debug prode like the tutorial project, when I used the GDB server it Could not verify ST device and failed to start GDB server, can you tell me how you config your ST-link GDB server