cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: No editor descriptor for id org.eclipse.cdt.ui.editor.CEditor after installing anew compiler.

FRieb.1
Associate III

After installing a new compiler (9-2020-q2-update) with the Toolchain Manager I get the following Error.

No editor descriptor for id org.eclipse.cdt.ui.editor.CEditor

I am using STM32CubeIDE 1.11.0.

I have tried to change the workspace or a fresh installtion of the IDE but nothing works.

After a fresh installion everything works fine until I install another compiler.

Thank you for your efforts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In a way, yes.

If you already have the toolchain from a previous version of CubeIDE you can click the "Add Local..." button in the Toolchain manager to point to it.

If you don't already have it you can download version 1.7.0 from the st.com website and point to the toolchain folder (also using Add Local...):

C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.7.0\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.9-2020-q2-update.win32_2.0.0.202105311346\tools

You don't need to launch 1.7.0 or anything, you can download it just to point to its local toolchain installation.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there!

I'm fairly certain that you are facing the new issue that my colleague Mattias is mentioning in this thread:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001zeSZcSAM/stm32cubeide-intool-update-issue

It might work if you remove CDT from the available software sites:

0693W00000WKsYFQA1.png 

We are currently investigating this issue further!

FRieb.1
Associate III

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tested your suggestion but at the moment I always get the error shown below.

I have already tried this on a connection without proxy and anti-virus but the result is still the same.

If I understand it right, the updates have been stopped for the moment. My assumption is that it is related to this.

0693W00000WKym8QAD.png

Yes, for now we have stopped most ways to update in order to stop users from accidentally breaking their installations. I'll be sure to update here if we find another safer way to do updates. Sorry for the trouble!

FRieb.1
Associate III

Is it possible to install the GNU Tools for STM32 manually? Unfortunately I could not find any information or installation files about this.

In a way, yes.

If you already have the toolchain from a previous version of CubeIDE you can click the "Add Local..." button in the Toolchain manager to point to it.

If you don't already have it you can download version 1.7.0 from the st.com website and point to the toolchain folder (also using Add Local...):

C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.7.0\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.9-2020-q2-update.win32_2.0.0.202105311346\tools

You don't need to launch 1.7.0 or anything, you can download it just to point to its local toolchain installation.

Hello,

I've got the same issue after downloading Darkest Dark theme from Eclipse Marketplace, suddenly the IDE cannot open my code. I want to try this option as I have 1.11 and 1.7 installed, but I do not have Toolchain Manager appear in Preferences/STM32Cube? Only Device Config, Firmware Updater and MPU Serial

Thanks!

Same issue.