cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error from debugger back end

jreis.1
Associate II

While programming an stm32f446re in stm32cubeide 1.10, UART protocol caused me trouble as this errors appeared:

1) Failed to execute MI command:

-var-create - * UART

Error message from debugger back end:

-var-create: unable to create variable object

2) Unable to create variable object

3) Failed to execute MI command:

-data-evaluate-expression UART

No symbol "UART" in current context.

4) Failed to execute MI command:

-var-create - * UART

-var-create: unable to create variable object

Does anyone knows how to solve it?

5 REPLIES 5
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @jreis.1​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

Could you share the debug configuration as well as the complete debug log to give a clearer view about the issue.

Thanks,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

0693W00000Y9eF5QAJ.png0693W00000Y9eFyQAJ.pngHi! Here it is the debug configuration. How can i get the debug log? Thanks in advance!

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @jreis.1​ 

My bad I should have put a description on how to get the debug log.

Under the debug configuration -> Debugger check the log to file option as shown in the screenshots:

0693W00000Y9jkXQAR.png 

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, thanks for the help! right now I don't have the Nucleo with me, can I send the debug log here on Tuesday?

Regards,

João

Hi, today i changed my nucleo board and the error dissapeard, altough i continue not reciveing uart messages... at least the it is not activating.

Here it is the debug log.