cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Code generation could not be done because the necessary firmware package is missing. Not able to complete STM32Cube project creation.

CWill.3
Associate II

I hope this is the right thread for my question. I recently decided to switch to STM32CubeIDE from the online compiler as there is debugging and is offline capable.

I downloaded STM32CubeIDE and went to create a new STM32 Project. I selected my dev board and the firmware files automatically downloaded and unzipped. I then accepted all the default settings, however the error "Code generation could not be done because the necessary firmware package is missing. Not able to complete STM32Cube project creation." was thrown (and is thrown every time I try).

I have tried re-downloading the firmware files (which is painful due to having a very slow and expensive connection because of where I live, hence the desire for offline) and tried suggestions like this: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000NzOxxSAF/errors-in-stm32cubeide-firmware-update-offline with no success.

0693W000006F5mEQAS.png0693W000006F5n2QAC.png0693W000006F5nqQAC.pngI also do not know what files I actually need, what the error in the second image means or how to fix it, and what I need to do to fix the firmware repository settings.

• STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.3.0
  • System: Windows 10
  • Dev Board: NUCLEO-F446RE

Thank you for your help in advance!

16 REPLIES 16
EMcDo.1
Associate II

Just this long 'spinning' and eventually times out with the error above -

0693W00000GZwuuQAD.png

EMcDo.1
Associate II

To be clear, all the code files are present in the directory, why this needs to regenerate anything doesn't makes sense -

0693W00000GZwwHQAT.png

EMcDo.1
Associate II

This is madness... says it wants the given 'firmware package', which appears to be clearly in the default location...

0693W00000GZx9QQAT.png0693W00000GZx9pQAD.png0693W00000GZx8rQAD.png

EMcDo.1
Associate II

Ok learned a lot after tinkering, appears there are a LOT of nuances with the IDE...

At any rate:

• Ensure you open any 'existing projects' in a fresh directory, NOT in any code dirs or repos you already have
  • You may have to click on .project file and then walk thru the wizard to 'open existing project', following above
  • Seems external drives may crash everything too

Cheers

RYUSUKE
Associate

I also had the same problem.

Please try uninstalling the CubeIDE software and then reinstalling the CubeIDE with administrator privileges.

I was able to resolve this issue.

LocalHero
Associate

Problem can be solved simply by login into your ST account from cubeIDE

VICTUSE
Associate

I have exactly the same problem trying to solve for hours. Tried all the solutions on this and other topics none of them worked out. Main problem is I can't log in my st gives connection error and this results I can't update packages. Even I manually download and unzip files to the repostiry file I couldn't generate code-> couldn't update firmware -> Couldn't log in.