cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE 1.1.0 import issue

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Well so my first impression from CubeIDE 1.1 on Win10... looks good =)

Just some issues with importing existing projects from Atollic:

My Atollic projects have been imported from SW4STM, and some remnants of SW4STM still are in the .project or .cproject. Looks like this confuses the CubeIDE. It shows two checkboxes in the import dialog, one of them says "SW4STM". Neither variant gives usable result.

If I import the "SW4STM" item, it loses the target configuration and most of settings (eventually I could restore these by manual hacking).

If I import the other item, it does not produce a STM32 project at all.

Would be great if this case worked in next version.

Also, the imported project should be _outside_ of the workspace directory. Otherwise, import does not work at all. This is contrary to the user manual which advises to copy the project into workspace directory before import. After conversion, you can move the project into the workspace, as usual in Eclipse.

Projects created in CubeMX 5.x for Atollic, imported without issues.

Debugger also worked very well (ST-Link3 on H753-EVAL).

Thanks!

-- pa

Another wrinkle - in CubeIDE''s cube project generator settings no longer possible to override path to the Cube libraries (or I haven't found it). Can you please put it back, I use this all the time.

Because, the default Cube repository path is under user's profile and so includes the user's name (/home/alice/.... When other user on other machine opens the projects, the path becomes wrong (C:\Users\Bob\..... ). So we create a symbolic ink to the Cube repo that is same on Windows and Unix, and does not include user's name.

2 REPLIES 2
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

About default Cube repository path would prefer instead link to rely on dedicated preferences. May you have a try updating at IDE session start to update FW pack repository path to another place ? Windows > Preferences > STM32Cube > Firmware updater .... You may even point to a shared area if some.

> May you have a try updating at IDE session start to update FW pack repository path to another place ? 

IMHO this is less convenient

Still would prefer it just like it is in CubeMX: separate path for updater/installer, and separate path for project generator.

On my setup, the former is the default place under user profile, and the latter is github repo in a shared area.

-- pa