Did you mean: 

CMake 3.20 or higher is required

LHOUE
ST Employee

HI I try to import my Stm32cubeIde project into VSCode

I have install STM32CubeCLT

the configuration failed with this error

[variant] Loaded new set of variants

[kit] Successfully loaded 5 kits from C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\CMakeTools\cmake-tools-kits.json

[presetController] Successfully validated presets in C:\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\STM32CubeIDE\CMakePresets.json

[proc] Executing command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\CMake\CMake\bin\cmake.exe" --version

[main] Configuring project: STM32CubeIDE 

[cmake] CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1 (cmake_minimum_required):

[cmake]  CMake 3.20 or higher is required. You are running version

[cmake]  3.12.18081601-MSVC_2

[cmake] 

[cmake] 

[cmake] Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

[cms-driver] Error during CMake configure: 

Error: Configuration failed.

at CMakeServerClient.onMessage (c:\Users\XXXXXX\.vscode\extensions\ms-vscode.cmake-tools-1.13.45\dist\main.js:42354:33)

at CMakeServerClient.onMoreData (c:\Users\XXXXXX\.vscode\extensions\ms-vscode.cmake-tools-1.13.45\dist\main.js:42327:18)

at Socket.emit (node:events:526:28)

at addChunk (node:internal/streams/readable:315:12)

at readableAddChunk (node:internal/streams/readable:289:9)

at Readable.push (node:internal/streams/readable:228:10)

at Pipe.onStreamRead (node:internal/stream_base_commons:190:23)

Could you help me?

(I have replaced personal data with XXXXXX)

Thanks

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

if you are on a secure network try to connect on a non secure one without VPN and click on vcpkg error that will relaunch the install and show errors if existing

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee

Hi @LHOUE​ 

Could you check that the extension has the right path of STM32CubeIDE.

As you change all the personal data with XXXX I would also suspect that there are some special characters in the path, could you so also check with shorter path without special charac

robotdad
Associate III

Please also ensure that vcpkg has activated your environment. That tool is bundled with one of the extension dependencies and will satisfy the CMake and Ninja requirements automatically. On first use it will take some time for vcpkg to bootstrap itself and get the dependencies, it will be much faster on subsequent use.

When vcpkg is activated you will see this icon in the status bar.

0693W00000aJbgkQAC.png

LHOUE
ST Employee

HI Robotdad,

you are right my vcpkg environment activation has failed

0693W00000aJd4OQAS.pngthe log is :

> Using vcpkg executable at "c:\Users\XXXXXX\.vscode\extensions\ms-vscode.vscode-embedded-tools-0.6.0-win32-x64\assets\platform\win32-x64\vcpkg.exe".
> Using VCPKG_ROOT at "c:\Users\nxp10261\AppData\Roaming\Code\User\globalStorage\ms-vscode.vscode-embedded-tools\vcpkg\root".
> Activating environment at "c:\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\STM32CubeIDE\vcpkg-configuration.json".
> Version of vcpkg used to create VCPKG_ROOT: "2023-01-24-8a88d63f241d391772fbde69af9cab96c3c64c75".
> Running vcpkg with arguments ["version"].
vcpkg package management program version 2023-01-24-8a88d63f241d391772fbde69af9cab96c3c64c75

See LICENSE.txt for license information.
> Bundled version of vcpkg: "2023-01-24-8a88d63f241d391772fbde69af9cab96c3c64c75".
> Running vcpkg with arguments ["activate","--project","c:\\XXXXXX\\XXXXXX\\XXXXXX\\XXXXXX\\XXXXXX\\STM32CubeIDE","--json","C:\\Users\\XXXXXX\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\a20867b35b9e974ab1b3ab53f2bc1f7a"].
warning: vcpkg-ce ('configure environment') is experimental and may change at any time.
read_contents("C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Code\User\globalStorage\ms-vscode.vscode-embedded-tools\vcpkg\root\scripts\vcpkgTools.xml"): no such file or directory
> Failed with exit code "1".
> Failed to activate environment at "c:\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\STM32CubeIDE\vcpkg-configuration.json".

so my questions are :

• what is vcpkg?
  • how correctly activate it?

Thanks

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

if you are on a secure network try to connect on a non secure one without VPN and click on vcpkg error that will relaunch the install and show errors if existing