cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant print on SWV ITM Data Console

asim khan
Associate III

0693W00000BapnPQAR.jpg0693W00000BapnFQAR.jpg0693W00000Bapn5QAB.jpgI am trying to Debug with SWO and SWV in STM32CubeIDE. But i am not getting any thing on SWV ITM Data console and Timline Graph. As you can see in live expression window count is incrementing as expected. My clock is running on 24Mhz.

7 REPLIES 7
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Is your CoreClock indeed 24 MHz? This is not the oscillator frequency,

The value must be equal to global var SystemCoreClock after return from SystemClock_Config() in main(), in MHz.

For example if SystemCoreClock is 64000000 specify 64.0

Also you must click on the ITM console start button, not earlier than when the debugger stops on the first breakpoint (usually at main). Otherwise it won't start.

Clock are same and I first clicked the console start button before hitting resume for debugging.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Which STM32?

STM32F303-->STM32Discovery board

VKost.5
Associate

The following helped me. On my STM32F3DISCOVERY board, the SB10 jumper was not soldered. Soldered SB10 and SWV data appeared. This is because the SWV data is transmitted on the SWO PB3 pin on the STM32F303VCTx.

SArbo.1
Associate

On my STM32F429I Discovery-DISC1 I had to solder SB9 then it worked.

Two things to check... 1. Your SWO clock freq... must be the same as main clock, in my case 180 Mhz. 2. Solder the bridge for you board, in my case SB9..... for SWO

Ditzhak
Associate III

How did you manage to get it work?