cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't build a project after importing it

jagauthier
Associate III

Here's the scenario:

I have clean workspace. I have two projects on disk I want to import into the workspace. I store them on my Google Drive locally sync'd to my computer (Windows 10).

I import one of the projects and try to build it. I can't because it's looking for dependencies in directories that simply do not exist.

Steps:

File->Import->Existing Projects into Workspace

Select project from file system, and select finish.

Attempt to build project:

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/ST/STM32CubeIDE_1.6.1/STM32CubeIDE/file/C/Users/username/Google%20Drive/Google Drive/Projects/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.17.0/Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32l4xx_hal.c', needed by 'Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/stm32l4xx_hal.o'.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

This project was building fine, but I wanted to rename it.

Now, I can't use it at all. I have multiple projects behaving this way.

I'm not sure what else to do with this, but it's getting me frustrated.

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

It looks like the path in G drive has a form or "file://C/Users/...." etc.

This is of course not valid filename for the compiler.

Must be C:/Users/username.... (can use / or \ )

And no spaces in the path. Spaces in path is begging for trouble.

--pa

I have no reference to this path in my project at all.

I was able to fix this project though. I set copy_PARENT to "C:\users\username" in Resource->Linked Resources.

However, that only worked for this project. My other project is complaining:

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Users/username/Google Drive/Projects/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.17.0/Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32l4xx_hal.c', needed by 'Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/stm32l4xx_hal.o'.  Stop.

The only way I've been able to fix this is by making a directory junction in C:/Users/username/Google Drive/Projects/ to C:\Users\username\STM32Cube

I don't understand why it's trying to find the STM32Cube files relative to my Projects folder and not under my username.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> The only way I've been able to fix this is by making a directory junction in C:/Users/username/Google Drive/Projects/ to C:\Users\username\STM32Cube

This IMHO is a good solution for Win10. Win10 has also symbolic links.

Things like "copy_PARENT" in .project seem to be caused by glitches in Eclipse importer; these should be fixed and replaced to normal PARENT references.

Maybe edit the .project manually.

It's easier done than explained.

-- pa

Thanks. I closed the project in eclipse and changes that variables inside the the .project file. Still works.

I looked at my other project and found that it had a similar discrepancy. Unfortunately, it's still broken.