cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader Get Version Command on STM32F407VGT6

Cyril C
Associate II

Hello, 

I used BOOT0 and BOOT1 to reboot in System Memory in order to use the embedded bootloader. 
I wanted to use the Get Version Command (i saw it in AN3155). I first sent 0x7F to initialize the communication with the bootloader.
Then, i sent 0x01 and 0xFE. And there is what i receive : 

Capture STM32_2.PNGFirst ACK is responding to 0x7F, the second one to 0x01 + 0xFE.
Then i'm supposed to get the version (0x31 = 3.1) 
And then 2 options bytes 0x00. 
As you can see, i can have only one, the second one is 0x01 finishing by an ACK. And there i've got 0x96 and 0xFF. 
I don't really understand, did i miss something ? 
There is the sequence of the Get Version Command from device side : 

Capture STM32_3.PNG

Thanks.

Regard,

Cyril Campanella.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cyril C
Associate II

For people working on it, i had good configuration of BOOT pins but my serial monitor wasn't configure well, 
i used another one to display in hex, and configure parity as even, 1 stop bit, and 8 data bits then it worked

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cyril C
Associate II

For people working on it, i had good configuration of BOOT pins but my serial monitor wasn't configure well, 
i used another one to display in hex, and configure parity as even, 1 stop bit, and 8 data bits then it worked

Hi, 

I am trying to do the same. But when I sent the 0x7F I received a NACK. Could you share your code with me? only that part so I can compare? I do not understand what is falling. 

I really appreciate any help you can provide.