cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All IDE projects show a yellow warning icon after update to 1.13.0

chriskuku
Senior II

Suddenly all my project icons in the project are tagged with a yellow (exclamation mark) icon.

Why? This is ugly and I don't see any other item marked when I open the tree view.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-20 um 09.46.39.png

5 REPLIES 5
AScha.3
Chief II

maybe the basic setting , which errors are shown, is different now...

try first to delete collected old errors (right mouse click on warning/erros -> delete) , see:

AScha3_0-1689841570819.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I don't see any errors or warnings in the Problems view (like in your screen shot).

The /!\ is only attached to the outer top level IDE-icon.

EDIT: Your post made me think of it and I looked into the workspace settings and changed "Report missing project encoding" from "warning" to "ignore" and this made the /!\-icons go away.

So is there something new to the "encoding" of a project? What does it mean? Text encoding (UTF-8)?

project_workspace.jpg

Result:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-20 um 11.05.11.png

so maybe -> set Problems -> filter (click the filter symbol) + enable...

AScha3_0-1689843519834.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
chriskuku
Senior II

No, doesn't make them appear. I consider the issue solved though, since the i-icons have disappeared.

Yes, the text encoding used by Eclipse. If it's not set at the file level, it's inherited from the project, and if it's not set there it's inherited from the workspace. Setting a default encoding at the project level prevents unexpected behavior when sharing projects with others so recent versions of Eclipse warn if it is not set there.

You should set it to UTF-8 to match GCC's default encoding (the encoding set in the IDE does not get passed to GCC). You can change it manually from the resources page under project properties. There's also a quick fix that can do it for all projects at once if you can get the problems view to show the warnings. Checking "Show all items" at the top of the filter settings should do it.