cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot compile SMAK application

Iulia
Associate II

Hello,

I installed all needed tools and software according to STM32H5_Security_Workshop_tools_installation.pdf but I cannot compile the SMAK application. This is the error message I get:

Iulia_0-1700830896309.png

Br,

Iulia

21 REPLIES 21
Chloe Meunier
ST Employee

Can you check that in C:\STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1\Projects\STM32H573I-DK\ROT_Provisioning, the file env.bat contain the right paths for your tools and applications?

Chloe Meunier
ST Employee

You can also try if you are using STM32CubeMX to modify the default path of STM32CubeH5 as shown in the screen shot attached.

JohanBlockmar
Associate

Hello,

I had this same problem. For me the solution was to downgrade the IDE from version 1.14.0 to version 1.13.2. Then everything worked like in the instructions.

It seems to me that the problem is not a missing script.
During my investigation, I found that in "prebuild.sh", the "thispath" variable is set incorrectly. It is supposed to get the directory using "pwd" but "pwd" returns an empty string. This causes the rest of the script to fail in a strange way.

BR, Johan Blockmar

Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello Johan,

thank you for your feedback. I confirm I observe same issue with new version 1.14.0 of STM32CubeIDE.

I will check how this can be fixed

Best regards

Jocelyn

Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello,

here is a workaround to be able to compile the SMAK application with STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0:

1) copy postbuild.bat from EWARM directory to STM32CubeIDE directory (in SMAK_Appli)

2) Edit the configuration of SMAK project:

in Properties/C/C++ Build/Settings

Tab : Build Steps 

Replace .sh by .bat for both Pre-build steps and Post-build steps command

Best regards

Jocelyn

Hello,

I tried the suggested workaround but unfortunately I still get errors, see attached postbuild.log

FrantzLEFRERE_2-1701245244984.png

FrantzLEFRERE_1-1701245200940.png

FrantzLEFRERE_3-1701245278962.png

Do you confirm you have done those steps ?

I confirm I have done these steps. I have tested opening the project both from "C:\STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1/..." and "C:\Users\username\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1..." with the same result. In both cases I have copied the postbuild.bat from EWARM directory to STM32CubeIDE directory and replaced .sh to .bat for Pre-build steps and Post-build steps in project settings.

How have you install the STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1 ? 
You must install this thanks CubeMX / CubeIDE as describe in the STM32H5_Security_Workshop_tools_installation.pdf 

I have mentioned in this thread already that I have followed the STM32H5_Security_Workshop_tools_installation.pdf and I have also attached screenshots to this thread that I have installed STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1 according to the pdf.