cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't compile SMAK application with STM32CubeIDE

StefanBeelen
Associate II

When I Compile SMAK application with STM32CubeIDE, I get the following Errors:

12:45:08 **** Build of configuration Debug for project STM32H573I-DK_SMAK_Appli ****
make -j8 all
"../../prebuild.sh" "STM32CubeIDE" "STM32H573I-DK_SMAK_Appli.bin"
make[1]: *** [makefile:97: pre-build] Error 2
make: *** [makefile:65: all] Error 2
"make -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

12:45:09 Build Failed. 2 errors, 0 warnings. (took 878ms)

StefanBeelen_0-1699703709068.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StefanBeelen
Associate II

After installation of the STM32CubeH5 firmware in the default location by STM32CubeMX:

C:\Users\<your_login>\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1\Proj
ects\STM32H573I-DK\Applications\ROT\SMAK_Appli\STM32CubeIDE

I copied it directly after installing to the following location (a short path without spaces): 

C:\STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1\Projects\STM32H573I-DK\Applications\ROT\SMAK_Appli\STM32CubeIDE

Now I am able to build the project successfully. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Chloe Meunier
ST Employee

Hello,

witch version of STM32CubeH5 are you using?
You have to use STM32Cube_H5_V1.1.0 with STM32Cube_H5_V1.1.1 patch, or later, you can download patch here :https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubeh5.html

BR

Chloé

I installed all versions which are listed in the instructions. I am working under Windows.

It has problems with executing the prebuild.ps and postbuild.ps.

Then I changed some settings.

Replaced prebuild.ps to prebuild.bat, and replaced postbuild.ps to postbuild.bat.

Then I have problems with the PATH pointing to those .bat files. It contains a space character.

Then I moved the repository project to an other location, without spaces in the PATH.

Then it starts compiling, but gives a lot of errors that include files can not be found.

mbedtls and others

Chloe Meunier
ST Employee

Did you install STM32CubeH5 firmware as close as possible of C directory? You have to avoid long path.

It is installed at:

C:\Users\Stefan Beelen\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1\Projects\STM32H573I-DK\Applications\ROT\SMAK_Appli\STM32CubeIDE

And I copied it to another location:

C:\STM32_REPO\STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1\Projects\STM32H573I-DK\Applications\ROT\SMAK_Appli\STM32CubeIDE

Chloe Meunier
ST Employee

ok, can you try to install it here :

C:\STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1\Projects\STM32H573I-DK\Applications\ROT\SMAK_Appli\STM32CubeIDE

and to compile the code?

I can't do it now immediately, I am trying to do it i the evening.

Can I just copy it to that location? Because STM32CubeMX installs it at the default location mentioned in the instructions: C:\Users\... Etcetera.

StefanBeelen
Associate II

After installation of the STM32CubeH5 firmware in the default location by STM32CubeMX:

C:\Users\<your_login>\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1\Proj
ects\STM32H573I-DK\Applications\ROT\SMAK_Appli\STM32CubeIDE

I copied it directly after installing to the following location (a short path without spaces): 

Now I am able to build the project successfully. 🙂