cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i'm trying to start a remote debugging session but i get the error shown in the attached screenshot.

vbuon.1
Associate III

i followed the setup procedure described in the youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEzfqKt3exE.

i checked the path that is displayed in the error message and it does exist. the file the debug session is trying to write to is the name of the executable and it does exist.

any help in understanding what this error means would be appreciated.

thanks,

vince

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vbuon.1
Associate III

hi,

i finally discovered what happened. somehow, the entry for 'Remote Absolute Path for C/C++ Application:' in the Debug Configurations dialog tab 'Main' was changed to point to the name of my executable. when i changed the path to /tmp/project_name the error went away and i was able to start a remote debug session.

the error message provided by the CubeIDE does not provide any information as to what the error is about. so i don't know how i would have been able to pinpoint that this remote was changed. i also can't find documentation as to what this remote path is used for by the debugger.

thanks,

vince

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
vbuon.1
Associate III

hi,

i finally discovered what happened. somehow, the entry for 'Remote Absolute Path for C/C++ Application:' in the Debug Configurations dialog tab 'Main' was changed to point to the name of my executable. when i changed the path to /tmp/project_name the error went away and i was able to start a remote debug session.

the error message provided by the CubeIDE does not provide any information as to what the error is about. so i don't know how i would have been able to pinpoint that this remote was changed. i also can't find documentation as to what this remote path is used for by the debugger.

thanks,

vince