cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate elf file for Cortex M4 using IAR

PVaaz.1
Associate III

Hello ,

This question belongs more to IAR community but still asking it .I was checking this project of OpenAMP : STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_MP1_V1.6.0\Projects\STM32MP157C-DK2\Applications\OpenAMP\OpenAMP_TTY_echo\STM32CubeIDE\CM4\Debug

It has the elf generated using the STM32CubeIDE project but using IAR or Keil how can we generate the elf file?

Also is it possible to debug/run it using IAR on windows?(using STM32Cube Ide there is already a way : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIhzzgJmop0 but I want to do it using IAR.

Regards,

Pv

3 REPLIES 3
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @PVaaz.1​ ,

For Keil I use to point this Application Note https://www.keil.com/appnotes/files/apnt_319_v1.2.pdf

Sorry for IAR I don't have equivalence and this tools is not much use for STM32MP1.

Can you share rational to not use STM32CubeIDE which is the most advanced and dedicated tool for STM32MP1 ?

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @Community member​ ,

Thankyou very much for the links !

The examples application in the MP1 repo has the workspaces for IAR and Keil apart from STM32CubeIDE. Like tty echo example.

I can get the elf file for STM32Cube IDE but not for IAR.

I will check the Keil link you posted but let me know if you find some info on IAR.

Overall I guess all 3 tools are supported for development and Debugging right?

STM32CubeIDE has youtube examples for STM32CubeIDE debugging for both Production and Engineering mode. Hope this is valid for IAR and Keil as well.

Br,

P

Hi @PVaaz.1​ 

No, IAR and KEIL don't have similar level of integration, maturity and support from ST than STM32CubeIDE for MPUs product.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.