cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where this remoteproc node is defined and with what syntax? Can I add multiples?

Arnas Celkys
Associate II

I am trying to have firmware_m4_X running on M4 core, and fimware_A7_Linux, runnin on Linux and them intercommunicating via RPMSx. If I upload them separately they work fine but after board reboot I want these two images to be started automatically. 

The M4-firmware remote file "rproc-axujenas1-fw":

Board << cd /lib/firmware

Board >> ls

Board >> LICENCE.cypress_bcm4343 brcm regulatory.db regulatory.db.p7s rproc-axujenas1-fw

PC >> cd ../linux-5.10.10/arch/arm/boot/dts

PC >> cat *f-dk2-m4-examples.dts

//--//

&pinctrl {

m4_leds_orange_pins: m4-leds-orange-0 {

pins {

pinmux = <STM32_PINMUX('H', 7, RSVD)>;

};

};

m4_pwm1_pins_a_ch1: m4-pwm1-0-ch1 {

pins {

pinmux = <STM32_PINMUX('E', 9, RSVD)>;

};

};

};

&timers1 {

status = "disabled";

};

&axujenas1 --my made adjustment

{

compatible = "st,stm32mp1-rproc";

st,auto-boot = <1>;

status = "okay";

};

I have named remoteproc node called : "axujenas1", so it matches the firmware name on the board.

After I try to compile, the node is not found:

PC >> make ARCH=arm dtbs

DTC   arch/arm/boot/dts/stm32mp157f-dk2-m4-examples.dtb

Error: arch/arm/boot/dts/stm32mp157f-dk2-m4-examples.dts:131.1-11 Label or path axujenas1 not found

FATAL ERROR: Syntax error parsing input tree

scripts/Makefile.lib:326: recipe for target 'arch/arm/boot/dts/stm32mp157f-dk2-m4-examples.dtb' failed

make[1]: *** [arch/arm/boot/dts/stm32mp157f-dk2-m4-examples.dtb] Error 1

Makefile:1342: recipe for target 'dtbs' failed

make: *** [dtbs] Error 2

My question: Where this remoteproc node is defined and with what syntax? Can I add multiples?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Looks like your error is to use name your node "&axujenas1", should be "axujenas1" if first time you mention the node.

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Arnas Celkys​ ,

Please refer to https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Linux_remoteproc_framework_overview#Remote_processor_boot

You will find relevant ways to automatically start the m4 firmware after boot.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Looks like your error is to use name your node "&axujenas1", should be "axujenas1" if first time you mention the node.

Olivier GALLIEN

Thank, Olivier, I will try that and update the situation