cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading flash layout changes with Tf-a 2.6.

d3
Associate

Hello,

we (me and @Daniel Laszlo Sitzer​ ) and are working with a product based on the STM32MP157A and using TF-A, U-Boot (but not OPTEE).

We are in the process for transitioning from TF-A v2.4 to v2.6 and are trying

to understand how we are supposed to transfer the flash layout to TF-A via DFU.

In TF-A v2.4 we used to transfer the flash layout as a STM32 image via DFU to TF-A BL2, then we would transfer a FIP containing another TF-A and U-Boot which would parse the flash layout and expose the correct DFU interfaces to allow for flashing individual partitions.

We noticed that in TF-A v2.6 support for STM32 images was dropped but more importantly support for transferring the flash layout in plat/st/common/stm32cubeprog*_usb.c was removed.

We have understood that by now only FIP is the supported image format for DFU file transfers to TF-A. So we would like to understand if we are supposed to pack the flash layout in to the FIP file that we upload (currently only containing TF-A and U-Boot).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @d3, @Daniel Laszlo Sitzer​ ,

If I'm not wrong you are facing one major change in TFA2.6 :

• Serial boot (USB/UART): flashlayout is no more loaded by BL2

you might find relevant hint comparing U-Boot load sequence in wiki between DV3 and DV4 :

How to load U-Boot with dfu-util - stm32mpu-ecosystem-v3

vs

How to load U-Boot with dfu-util - stm32mpu

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @d3, @Daniel Laszlo Sitzer​ ,

If I'm not wrong you are facing one major change in TFA2.6 :

• Serial boot (USB/UART): flashlayout is no more loaded by BL2

you might find relevant hint comparing U-Boot load sequence in wiki between DV3 and DV4 :

How to load U-Boot with dfu-util - stm32mpu-ecosystem-v3

vs

How to load U-Boot with dfu-util - stm32mpu

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.