cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to connect a camera module to STM32MP157D-DK1 discovery kit? if so how and what camera module ?

SM.22
Associate II

Please can you specify camera module for my application and please suggest any camera module that i can use according to the below mentioned camera specifications

1)Camera should be of 5MP/2MP.

2)Camera interface should be of DCMI protocol.

3)Camera should have a night vision.

8 REPLIES 8
Gregory PLANCHON
ST Employee

Hi @SM.22​ 

You can connect a camera but only through the USB port.

I wouldn't really know which camera to recommend.

Regards,

Grégory

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SM.22
Associate II

Hello Gregory PLANCHON,

For my application requirement i have to use either DCMI or MIPI protocol for iterfacing the camera module then in the STM32MP157D-DK1 discovery kit is it not possible to use the above mentioned protocol using gpio pins ,if not please specify why not then also specify the STM32 MPU that is suitable for my application.

Thank you in advance

Gregory PLANCHON
ST Employee

Hello @SM.22​ ,

After discussing with colleagues, the DCMI is well implemented on the chip but it is only used on STM32MP157F-EV1 boards.

I advise you to take a STM32MP157F-EV1, which I share with you the description page.

don't hesitate to come back to me if you have any question

Regards,

Grégory

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SM.22
Associate II

Hi Gregory PLANCHON,

Our plan is to use STM32MP157D-DK1 discovery kit  is there any way to interface with camera module by using any add on boards by DCMI or MIPI protocol with same discovery board please suggest on this.

Thank you,

Sharath M

SM.22
Associate II

Hi Gregory PLANCHON,

Any update regarding the previous conversation.

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @SM.22​ 

for evaluation purposes. STM32MP157F-EV1 provide a DCMI port fitted with a 5Mpixels camera module.

Note: The STM32MP157D-DK1 and STM32MP157F-EV1 are development boards.

ST only provides 'development boards' which cannot be resell and/or use in a product (refer to related license agreement).

If you don't want to build your own boards, for commercial products (e.g. SOM module, SBC, etc...), there is multiple partners which provide STM32MP1 boards and SW (e.g. DH electronics, Emcraft, Engicam, Karo, Octavo, Phytec, SomLabs, etc...). See https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/partner/partner-program.html#2.

There is also many board provided by 3rd party (e.g. I2SOM Pangu, Myirtech, Olimex, etc...)

Regards.

Jean-Marc S
ST Employee

Hello,

Please note that a new product derivative of STM32MP15 will be announced next week.

It proposes a discovery Kit board on which you can connect a camera module with 2-megapixel CMOS camera module (with MIPI CSI-2® / SMIA CCP2 deserializer) (the GC2145 Galaxy Core camera sensor). You can find characteristics on the web.

JM

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @SM.22​ 

Please have a look to https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32mp135f-dk.html

Regards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'