cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32mp157c implementation initramfs

aliMesut
Associate III

Hi,

I usestm32mp157c and the filesystem runs emmc default. But I want it to change it and run at ramfs. I added

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD=y

CONFIG_RD_GZIP=y

CONFIG_RD_BZIP2=y

CONFIG_RD_LZMA=y

CONFIG_RD_XZ=y

CONFIG_RD_LZO=y

CONFIG_RD_LZ4=y

in kernel config file. Also,

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " ram"

IMAGE_FSTYPES_append = " cpio.xz"

in local.conf. After above additon operation, i have

uImage-initramfs.bin

But I don't know how to set the settings in U-boot. Like where should the starting address be? Can you help me with this?

Regards.

Ali MesutInce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @aliMesut​ ,

Did you already read this page ? https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32CubeProgrammer_flashlayout#Flashlayout-tsv_file_to_load_and_start_kernel

It explains how to build linux with the initramfs inside or how to load it separately, but in this case you must indicates, in the linux bootargs, where the file is located.

Long time, I did that, but If I remember well, you have to specify the address with "initrd=".

This is a standard linux use case not related to OSTL, so you will find a lot of information on internet.

In a first case, I recommend you to try the solution of a Linux with embedded initramfs.

Best Regards,

Kevin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @aliMesut​ ,

Did you already read this page ? https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32CubeProgrammer_flashlayout#Flashlayout-tsv_file_to_load_and_start_kernel

It explains how to build linux with the initramfs inside or how to load it separately, but in this case you must indicates, in the linux bootargs, where the file is located.

Long time, I did that, but If I remember well, you have to specify the address with "initrd=".

This is a standard linux use case not related to OSTL, so you will find a lot of information on internet.

In a first case, I recommend you to try the solution of a Linux with embedded initramfs.

Best Regards,

Kevin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.