cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157A ethernet MAC address not setting?

Sindhu Vadde
Associate III

Hi,

We are using stm32mp157a processor in my custom board. I need to change MAC address because in uboot log it is showing it is showing invalid MAC address. I am setting MAC address using setenv ethaddr 11:22:33: 44:55:66 command. But when i set ethaddr i am getting following error messages in uboot log. you can see my log below. i have followed stm32mp1 trouble shooting guide.

STM32MP1 bring-up troubleshooting guide

How can i come out of this issue. Please help us.

1 REPLY 1
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @Sindhu Vadde​ ,

I think this is a protection for different variable of U-boot that are read-only. The config that allow you to modify this ethaddr variable in u-boot console by setenv command is CONFIG_ENV_OVERWRITE and is disabled by default by ST. Can you try to enable it and try again your change ?

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.