cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP135F-DK bare metal - how to use the USB host ports - not OTG

SteMMo
Associate III

Hi all,

i'm writing a program to run on STM32MP135F-DK board that enable the USB host ports of the board.

All the projects I've found are using the OTG port as host.

All the HAL_HCD apis and xxx_ll_usb source use the OTG structures.

Is there ant sample for USB HOST ports?

I only found the macros:

#define USB1HSFSP2_BASE (AHB6_PERIPH_BASE + 0xC000UL)
#define USB1HSFSP1_BASE (AHB6_PERIPH_BASE + 0xD000UL)
#define USB1_EHCI ((USB_EHCI_CapabilityTypeDef *) USB1HSFSP1_BASE)

that's ok .. but what about all the other USB (EHCI/OHCI) registers described in the manual?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SteMMo ,

We do not support USB HOST in our Bare metal solution. 

In order to assess priority to give to a potential development could you please elaborate product you are developing ?

Thanks 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Olivier GALLIEN ,

we are developing a board for the professional audio market.

The MP135 (bare metal cause I have to reuse previous firmware) should be the main processor for the board and it should primarely communicate with a M0 that controls six 485 ports for custom protocol.

The connection is direct via USB port where the MP135 of course should be the host.

My tests on the DK board are to try to communicate with a USB device (hid or msc) but here I have a hub in the middle: anyway the absence of any kind of USB HOST constant creates me a lot of problems, first of all, the necessary time to test the communication.

Thanks, regards

No way to find any sample of source code, just for inspiration :)  ?

Otherwise I probably will need to change micros.

Thanks

Hi,

USBH IP use EHCI/OHCI standard registers view and capabilities descriptions (then IP mostly use descriptors located in RAM). Maybe a clue to find existing code available on other similar implementations (but I fear EHCI/OHCI was intended mainly for rich OS like Linux or Windows).

PatrickF_0-1727337461845.png

If I understand well, you will focus on USB full-speed only, so, OHCI might be sufficient.

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.