cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTP Bits Cannnot read

thomas_sato
Associate II

Hi All.

I use discovery board of STM32MP157F-DK2 .

So I want t to try  read OTP Bits via STM32CubeProgrammer , But I find 2 errs.

The err things search ST Community, I fund it.

Can't read OTP bits on STM32MP157C-DK2 using STM32CubeProgrammer

So I Try to refer Answer,I can't know where wrong.

(I reload Flashlayout for OTP exposing )

Sorry for my poor English,Thinks at all.

/********************************************************************************************************************/

u6326@Prodisk:~/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/bin$ ./STM32_Programmer_CLI -c port=usb1 -d FlashLayout.tsv -otp displ
-------------------------------------------------------------------
STM32CubeProgrammer v2.15.0
-------------------------------------------------------------------

USB speed : High Speed (480MBit/s)
Manuf. ID : STMicroelectronics
Product ID : USB download gadget@Device ID /0x500, @Revision ID /0x2001, @Name /STM32MP157FAC Rev.Z,
SN : 003200433132511831373339
DFU protocol: 1.1
Board : --
Device ID : 0x0500
Device name : STM32MP157FAC Rev.Z
Device type : MPU
Revision ID : --
Device CPU : Cortex-A7

Start Embedded Flashing service

Flashing service completed successfully

UPLOADING OTP STRUCTURE ...
Partition : 0xF2
Size : 1024 Bytes

Uploading OTP data:
Error: Read OTP Partition failed

Error: Uploading the OTP structure failed
Error: Initializing the OTP structure failed

/********************************************************************************************************************/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @thomas_sato ,

Sorry for the delay to answer, but I think we already answered your question in an internal ticket.

I explain here why you were not able to dump the OTP because it may help other people.

As explained in your previous post, you are using: Distribution-package in openstlinux-6.1-yocto-mickledore mickledoremp1-v23.11.15

That is the OSTL v5.0.2.

If you are using an OSTL v5.0.0 or newer you have to take care to the warning area of the wiki page: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/OP-TEE_OTP_overview#OP-TEE_OS_configuration

You have to enable "CFG_WITH_USER_TA=y" to be able to read the OTP.

Hope it helps,

Best Regards,
Kevin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @thomas_sato 

Could it be same reason as in Solved: Can't read OTP bits on STM32MP157C-DK2 using STM32... - STMicroelectronics Community

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
thomas_sato
Associate II

Hi.IlivierG.

think you for your cooperation.

Yes,I read and try it community page,But I can't do it.

Host OS is ubuntu 22.04,I check DFU driver is functional,Okey...

Am I generate failed file [ tf-a-stm32mp157f-dk2-usb.stm32 ] or [ fip-stm32mp157f-dk2-optee.bin ]?

I use Distributin-package in openstlinux-6.1-yocto-mickledore mickledoremp1-v23.11.15.

So I will set [  DISTRO=openstlinux-weston MACHINE=stm32mp1 source layers/meta-st/scripts/envsetup.sh ]

and [ bitbake se-image-weston ].

Can I Need special method for OTP paramer?

Best regards

Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @thomas_sato ,

Sorry for the delay to answer, but I think we already answered your question in an internal ticket.

I explain here why you were not able to dump the OTP because it may help other people.

As explained in your previous post, you are using: Distribution-package in openstlinux-6.1-yocto-mickledore mickledoremp1-v23.11.15

That is the OSTL v5.0.2.

If you are using an OSTL v5.0.0 or newer you have to take care to the warning area of the wiki page: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/OP-TEE_OTP_overview#OP-TEE_OS_configuration

You have to enable "CFG_WITH_USER_TA=y" to be able to read the OTP.

Hope it helps,

Best Regards,
Kevin

Thinks a lot !