cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux SDK for ARM

SAman.1
Associate III

Is there also an ARM version of the SDK to develop the Modules.

because here I only found a X86 version

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP1_Developer_Package#Installing_the_SDK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SAman.1​ ,

No ST is not delivering any ARM version of the SDK.

But AFAIK, Yocto build system is working on ARM.

Then you should be able to use Distribution package to build a complete image or generate the SDK. ( not tested )

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SAman.1​ ,

No ST is not delivering any ARM version of the SDK.

But AFAIK, Yocto build system is working on ARM.

Then you should be able to use Distribution package to build a complete image or generate the SDK. ( not tested )

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

For matter of interest, which ARM base station do you want to use ?

Olivier GALLIEN
SAman.1
Associate III

I found a way to simulate an X86 architecture on my ARM Computer. I was so silly and bought me a Mac book and since they have an M1 chip inside I have an ARM architecture. But I will try to use the YOCTO build system. Thanks for the answer. Is there a plan to make also an ARM Toolchain.

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SAman.1​ ,

Thanks for your feedback.

No plan for ARM toolchain yet since the demand is quite marginal.

Maybe MacOS ARM based will change the game (and your request has been logged and escalate), but actually MP1 ecosystem was already not completely available on Mac x86 as too few request also.

Virtualization to x86 system ( likely Ubuntu station) look the safer solution today I would recommend.

But, anyway if you are wiling to make some attempt of Yocto on native Mac /M1 I would be very glad you share your experience here.

Thanks !

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
SAman.1
Associate III

My plan is not to get it nativ on Mac OS I would like to make it for an Ubuntu ARM based. That would do it for me. And I guess for most of the others also. If I have any Result I would post them here so others can also benefit from them.

PatrickF
ST Employee

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'