cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux 6.1 does not get ethaddr from u-boot env

GCici
Associate II

Hi,

we've upgraded our build from 5.15 to 6.1 and now the OS does not get the mac address set in uboot environment through a script. If i check the environment i can correctly see the ethaddr set via printenv. Is there something i can do in kernel config or ethernet driver?

6 REPLIES 6
GCici
Associate II

bump 

GCici
Associate II

Bump

GCici
Associate II

Possible that no one cares about this? I'm still on 5.15 because of this issue. Please help

Hi @GCici ,

Sorry to come late in this thread. 

For sure ST care about your issue but we would need further information. 

Can you update status on your side ? 

When you said you change from 5.15 to 6.1 do you means only the kernel or the whole OSTL version including BSP ( TF-A, Uboot, OPTEE) . This is mandatory.

If you may share some logs about the issue it can surely help

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Olivier,

i mean the whole OSTL system, so TFA,UBOOT,OPTEE and kernel. which kind of logs do you need? 
I can say ethaddr is correctly set in u-boot environment and it shows correctly when i type printenv. When the system has started  the mac address on eth0 is different from the one set in uboot environment.

Cheers,

GC

Hi @GCici ,

Complete boot log would be good for some checks 

Thanks 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.