cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a problem with the predictive maintenance setup as described in UM2639 and dm00659285..". I get as far as "Edge computing setup complete". Then it completely stops. Any ideas?

PHarl.1
Associate

The handshake sequence looked a bit odd too.

[STMdemo1] (08:07:40): {"state": {"reported": {"Device_Type": "STEVAL-IPD005V1", "Features": [], "Firmware": ""}}}

Update request with token "40d4c70c-ec71-4946-9f7b-b6ad2719d965" accepted

I have also tried a manual boot using /home/root/start_pmp.sh where it gets one step further with "Demo running..." then stops.

Any help appreciated. Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Davide Aliprandi
Associate II

Hello Phil,

yes, you are right, the handshake sequence is missing the features and the firmware version; it should look, for example, like this:

[<device>] (<timestamp>): {"state": {"reported": {"Device_Type": "STEVAL-IPD005V1", "Features": ["Environmental", "Inertial_TDM", "Inertial_FDM"], "Firmware": "Firmware Ver.1"}}}

Have you tried to compare the output log to the log reported in Chapter 4.1 of the manual? Can you post it here, please?

Moreover, have you tried to flash again the firmware of the sensor devices and the master board?

Regards,

Davide

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Davide Aliprandi
Associate II

Hello Phil,

yes, you are right, the handshake sequence is missing the features and the firmware version; it should look, for example, like this:

[<device>] (<timestamp>): {"state": {"reported": {"Device_Type": "STEVAL-IPD005V1", "Features": ["Environmental", "Inertial_TDM", "Inertial_FDM"], "Firmware": "Firmware Ver.1"}}}

Have you tried to compare the output log to the log reported in Chapter 4.1 of the manual? Can you post it here, please?

Moreover, have you tried to flash again the firmware of the sensor devices and the master board?

Regards,

Davide

Hi Davide ,
I think you are right, I'll reflash the sensor and master boards. Current log is
Greengrass successfully started with PID: 14705
####################################################
# Predictive Maintenance with Amazon AWS IoT cloud #
####################################################
Initializing Masterboard on port "/dev/ttyUSB0" with a baud rate of "230400" [b/s]...
Masterboard on port "/dev/ttyUSB0" from "IDLE" to "CONNECTING".
Masterboard on port "/dev/ttyUSB0" from "CONNECTING" to "CONNECTED".
Initializing IO-Link Devices...
Device "STMdemo1" on position "1" initialized.
IO-Link setup complete.
Initializing Edge Computing...
AWS Greengrass service with endpoint "a31pjrd6x4v4ba-ats.iot.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com" from "IDLE" to "DISCOVERING_CORE".
AWS Greengrass service with endpoint "a31pjrd6x4v4ba-ats.iot.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com" from "DISCOVERING_CORE" to "CORE_DISCOVERED".
Client "STMdemo1" from "IDLE" to "CONNECTING".
Client "STMdemo1" from "CONNECTING" to "CONNECTED".
Sending handshake information...
[STMdemo1] (13:14:53): {"state": {"reported": {"Device_Type": "STEVAL-IPD005V1", "Features": [], "Firmware": ""}}}
Update request with token "e130bc0c-d03c-456c-8628-d719cdb9a698" accepted
Edge Computing setup complete.
Demo running...
Thanks
Phil
Davide Aliprandi
Associate II

You are welcome, Phil.

Regards,

Davide