cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove QT5?

Gencay
Associate III

How can I remove QT5 from my build since there is a lot of dependencies and I am not going to be needing it. What is the best way to remove it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hi @Gencay​ ,

It depends on the image you want to compile. If you compile st-image-weston, Qt5 is not built.

If you want to compile st-example-image-qt without Qt5, you can:

• modify the bitbake file st-example-image-qt to remove dependencies with Qt (not really a graceful solution).
  • create your own bitbake image file to build with what you want inside (and so flutter extra installation etc...)
  • Write your local conf to remove Qt dependencies from CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL and add the ones of Flutter.

We know that a community Yocto Flutter layer is available for our target. Regarding their way to process, they used the local.conf configuration method in the context of their tests.

Hope that it can help you.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @Gencay​ ,

Do you mean that you want to compile an EGLFS image (that includes Qt5 by default) with removing Qt5 layer ?

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Gencay
Associate III

I am going to use flutter as an alternative so I dont need QT5

Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hi @Gencay​ ,

It depends on the image you want to compile. If you compile st-image-weston, Qt5 is not built.

If you want to compile st-example-image-qt without Qt5, you can:

• modify the bitbake file st-example-image-qt to remove dependencies with Qt (not really a graceful solution).
  • create your own bitbake image file to build with what you want inside (and so flutter extra installation etc...)
  • Write your local conf to remove Qt dependencies from CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL and add the ones of Flutter.

We know that a community Yocto Flutter layer is available for our target. Regarding their way to process, they used the local.conf configuration method in the context of their tests.

Hope that it can help you.

Kind regards,

Erwan.