cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How add /dev/rpmsg_sdb for exchanging data buffers with the coprocessor

ASega.1
Associate III

Hi,

I'm using stm32mp157a-dk1 and I would like to use rpmsg_sdb for exchanging data buffers with the coprocessor (https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_exchange_data_buffers_with_the_coprocessor).

I built the image for the A7 following the "STM32MP1 Distribution Package" tutorial without problem (https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP1_Distribution_Package#Flashing_the_built_image).

But in the dev folder I can't find the rpmsg_sdb device.

Is there a prebuild image for A7 with this driver?

If not, how can I add the recipe rpsmg-sdb-mod Yocto recipe to the image of the distribution tutorial using bitbake?

In case, is there other ways to get the device rpmsg_sdb?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Andrea Segalla

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @ASega.1​ ,

The device rpmsg_sdb is populated thanks to recipes in :

STMicroelectronics/meta-st-stm32mpu-app-logicanalyser: Application example: high data rate exchange from Cortex-M4 to Cortex-A7 (github.com)

Refer to the readme in order to have the complete instruction to integrate it in your build

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @ASega.1​ ,

The device rpmsg_sdb is populated thanks to recipes in :

STMicroelectronics/meta-st-stm32mpu-app-logicanalyser: Application example: high data rate exchange from Cortex-M4 to Cortex-A7 (github.com)

Refer to the readme in order to have the complete instruction to integrate it in your build

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ASega.1
Associate III

Dear @Community member ,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried this morning to add the layer meta-st-stm32mpu-app-logicanalyser following the tutorial you suggest to me but it returns me errors in the last command:

bitbake-layers add-layer ../layers/meta-st/meta-st-stm32mpu-app-logicanalyser

the errors returned:

NOTE: Starting bitbake server...

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/midac/ProjectYocto/sdb/openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-11-17/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/bin/bitbake-layers", line 95, in <module>

ret = main()

File "/home/midac/ProjectYocto/sdb/openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-11-17/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/bin/bitbake-layers", line 63, in main

tinfoil.prepare(True)

File "/home/midac/ProjectYocto/sdb/openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-11-17/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/tinfoil.py", line 414, in prepare

self.run_command('parseConfiguration')

File "/home/midac/ProjectYocto/sdb/openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-11-17/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/tinfoil.py", line 470, in run_command

raise TinfoilCommandFailed(result[1])

bb.tinfoil.TinfoilCommandFailed: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/midac/ProjectYocto/sdb/openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-11-17/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/command.py", line 74, in runCommand

result = command_method(self, commandline)

File "/home/midac/ProjectYocto/sdb/openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-11-17/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/command.py", line 275, in parseConfiguration

command.cooker.parseConfiguration()

File "/home/midac/ProjectYocto/sdb/openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-11-17/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 433, in parseConfiguration

self.handleCollections(self.data.getVar("BBFILE_COLLECTIONS"))

File "/home/midac/ProjectYocto/sdb/openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-11-17/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 1225, in handleCollections

raise CollectionError("Errors during parsing layer configuration")

bb.cooker.CollectionError: Errors during parsing layer configuration

Do you have the same problem or probably I made some mistake?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Andrea

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @ASega.1​ ,

The add-layer steps works properly at my end.

Double check all the procedure and eventually retry on a clean environment.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
ASega.1
Associate III

Hi @Community member​ ;

I tried again and now it works.

Thanks so much for the helping.

Best Regards,

Andrea