cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having trouble in configuring device tree for STM32MP157c based board by karo-electronics, QSMP1570 on qsbase2, having yocto kirkstone and kernel 5.15, where to find the macros to be used in dts files, because i am unable to bitbake after my change

SChat.2
Associate II

I have a board from karo-electronics, STM32MP157c based QSMP 1570 SOM over qsbase2, I am trying to configure above mentioned board for my specific application, The distribution is build using yocto by karo-electronics, I am unable to edit the dts files as there are a lot many appended layers and I am new to yocto , I was having a little bit hands on in Debian that too on RPi and BBB but yocto is new for me.

So, basically i am trying to make a access controller ,using stm32mp1 MPU ,

- how can i start with it,

-what are the advantages of yocto

-add or append dts files, mainly configuring the interrupts for various peripherals and GPIO as well

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SChat.2​ ,

Since you are working with a Karo's SOM, Karo might provide you minimum set of ecosystem ( working OpenSTLinux version) and some support.

isn't it the case ?

Else, for your learning curve about STM32MP15 ecosystem you can refer to our wiki :

stm32mpu

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Karo has provided a yocto based distribution, but its not Open-Stlinux, i guess, as there was some issues with Rpmsg in OpenStlinux distro. How can i use debian or OpenStlinux distro on my board , what all files are needed for the board to get initialised, those I can source from the Yocto BSP karo provided to any of Debian or OpenStLinux?

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SChat.2​ ,

Sorry not enough clear to me ...

Could you elaborate further :

• what you get from Karo ?
  • what is working ?
  • what you want to do now ?

Thanks

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SChat.2
Associate II

Hi @Community member​ really sorry for the late reply, was busy in hand on in yocto projects :-

1. I got a board (SoC) from Karo electronics named QSMP1570 module mounted on their qsbase2 board.
  2. Karo has provided yocto kirkstone based linux distribution with kernel version 5.15, but i wanted to use debian distribution over qsmp1570 module with qsbase2.
  3. I want to make an physical access controller with kernel for OSDP(RS485) and weigand, neopixel driver, relay driver etc., and multithreaded application for controlling and providing access to users. How to proceed and start the project ?