cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbake error -gnss1-ekf NOT-FOUND

swaroop
Associate

Hello,

I’m trying to build an EKF (Extended Kalman Filter) application using Bitbake on an STM32MP1 platform, but I’m encountering the following error:

Nothing RPROVIDES 'gnss1-ekf' (but /home/futura/STM32MPU_workspace/Distribution-Package/layers/meta-st/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-samples/images/st-example-image-qtwayland.bb, /home/futura/STM32MPU_workspace/Distribution-Package/layers/meta-st/meta-st-stm32mp/recipes-st/images/st-image-userfs.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)

Here are the steps I’ve taken so far:

Sourced the environment: DISTRO=openstlinux-weston MACHINE=stm32mp1 source layers/meta-st/scripts/envsetup.sh

Added "gnss1 gnss1-ekf" in layer.conf and appended the line: IMAGE_INSTALL: "gnss1 gnss1-ekf"
Included "gnss1-ekf" in st-image-userfs.bb.
Ran bitbake st-example-image-qtwayland to create the Qt image, where I encountered the error mentioned above.

It seems like the gnss1-ekf package is not being found. Could someone guide me on what might be missing or misconfigured in this process?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @swaroop,

I confirm the EKF is available only with Mickledore. 

Knowing this, i recommend you to start a new Yocto project with the Mickledore version following:  https://wiki.stmicroelectronics.cn/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MPU_Distribution_Package

Then add the X-LINUX-GNSS1 package 1.3.0 following the user manual to get the EKF

Best Regards,

Arnaud

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ArnaudTiberghien
ST Employee

Hello @swaroop 

I assume you followed the user manual "UM2909: Getting Started with X-LINUX-GNSS1" available on: 
https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-linux-gnss1.html#documentation

Looking at 4.2.3.1 Adding EKF into distribution build, you might have forgotten to add the layer to your distribution build (step 2). 
Let me know if it fixes your issue. 

Best Regards,

Arnaud

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
swaroop
Associate

Hi @ArnaudTiberghien ,

Thank you for your quick response.

I followed the documentation and attempted to add the EKF distribution. However, while using the Kirkstone Yocto build for bitbaking, I noticed that the EKF distribution is built for Mickledore, which prevented the layer from being added.

Could you please confirm if the EKF build is available exclusively for Mickledore, or if it is also available for Kirkstone? Based on the information from this https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-linux-gnss1.html.

There are two versions: 1.3.0 and 1.2.0.

Version 1.2.0 is built for Kirkstone but does not contain the EKF files, while version 1.3.0 is built using Mickledore and includes all the relevant EKF files.

Since I was originally building the Kirkstone recipe, do I now need to restart my bitbake build with the Mickledore recipe in order to include the EKF files?

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

Swaroop

Hello @swaroop,

I confirm the EKF is available only with Mickledore. 

Knowing this, i recommend you to start a new Yocto project with the Mickledore version following:  https://wiki.stmicroelectronics.cn/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MPU_Distribution_Package

Then add the X-LINUX-GNSS1 package 1.3.0 following the user manual to get the EKF

Best Regards,

Arnaud

swaroop
Associate

Thank you @ArnaudTiberghien for the information.

I will restart the bitbake process and get back to you if I have any more queries.

Cheers!