cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate function ETH1_PHY_INTN from STM32mp15c

AVazquez
Associate III

Hi!

I have been reviewing the datasheet for the stm32mp157c and have seen that GPIO PG12 can be configured in a special function "ETH1_PHY_INTN"

I would like to get more information about this mode, as it might be interesting to use it in future designs.

I have been examining in the device tree of some of the kit based on this mpu and I haven't seen this GPIO(PG12) being used with this special mode.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @AVazquez 

Our Linux driver does not use HW interrupt but rather GPIO polling (to get link status) and/or thru EXTI for WakeOnLan on some boards.
In all cases, interrupt line from PHY is not used during data transfer, so polling is not impacting Ethernet performances.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @AVazquez 

Our Linux driver does not use HW interrupt but rather GPIO polling (to get link status) and/or thru EXTI for WakeOnLan on some boards.
In all cases, interrupt line from PHY is not used during data transfer, so polling is not impacting Ethernet performances.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.