cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSM Integration with STM32MP157F-DK2 Discovery Kit

shreyaschandran
Associate

I’m working on a project with the STM32MP157F-DK2 Discovery kit, I’m exploring the possibility of integrating GSM for internet access.

Has anyone successfully implemented GSM connectivity on the STM32MP157F-DK2? If so, could you share your experience, including the hardware setup, GSM module used, and any software configurations or drivers required?

I’d appreciate any insights or guidance on how to proceed.

2 REPLIES 2
liaifat85
Senior II

You'll need a GSM module that supports UART or USB communication, such as the SIM800, SIM900, Quectel EC25, or similar. The specific module depends on your region and the type of cellular connectivity you need (2G, 3G, 4G).

https://www.theengineeringprojects.com/2022/10/interactive-voice-response-system-with-raspberry-pi-4-sim800l.html

Connect the TX, RX, GND, and VCC pins of the GSM module to the corresponding pins on the STM32MP157F-DK2. The board's UART pins can typically be accessed via the expansion headers.

@liaifat85 wrote:

type of cellular connectivity you need (2G, 3G, 4G).

Note that 2G and, particularly, 3G services are being (in some places, have been) phased-out globally - so now is not a good time to be starting a new design based on 2G or 3G!