cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution-Package build error. Licensing issue??

markom
Associate

Hello, 

Using Windows 10 with WSL 2.

I have an STM32MP157D-DK1 board and am following the ST guides to get this running. I'm trying to run bitbake to build a basic distribution image, but I keep getting this error. I tried googling but can't find anything relevant. This feels like a i setup something wrong issue ... but I went over the steps I'm supposed to follow and I can't see what I missed. Any help would be much appreciated 

ERROR: gnu-config-native-20230216+gitAUTOINC+63acb96f92-r0 do_populate_lic: QA Issue: gnu-config-native: The LIC_FILES_CHKSUM does not match for file://config.guess;beginline=9;endline=29;md5=10922f9231863a06f6efb67691fa46e0
gnu-config-native: The new md5 checksum is aab8c8aed27a111587ec0289288c7ac8
gnu-config-native: Here is the selected license text:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv beginline=9 vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
# This file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
# under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
# the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
#
# This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
# WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
# General Public License for more details.
#
# along with this program; if not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
#
# As a special exception to the GNU General Public License, if you
# distribute this file as part of a program that contains a
# configuration script generated by Autoconf, you may include it under
# the same distribution terms that you use for the rest of that
# program. This Exception is an additional permission under section 7
# of the GNU General Public License, version 3 ("GPLv3").
#
# Originally written by Per Bothner; maintained since 2000 by Ben Elliston.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ endline=29 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
gnu-config-native: Check if the license information has changed in /home/mmilutinovic/Distribution-Package/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/gnu-config-native/20230216+gitAUTOINC+63acb96f92-r0/git/config.guess (lines 9 through to 29) to verify that the LICENSE value "GPL-3.0-with-autoconf-exception" remains valid [license-checksum]
ERROR: gnu-config-native-20230216+gitAUTOINC+63acb96f92-r0 do_populate_lic: Fatal QA errors were found, failing task.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/mmilutinovic/Distribution-Package/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/gnu-config-native/20230216+gitAUTOINC+63acb96f92-r0/temp/log.do_populate_lic.28758
ERROR: Task (virtual:native:/home/mmilutinovic/Distribution-Package/layers/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/gnu-config/gnu-config_git.bb:do_populate_lic) failed with exit code '1'
ERROR: binutils-cross-arm-2.40-r0 do_patch: Applying patch '0004-Point-scripts-location-to-libdir.patch' on target directory '/home/mmilutinovic/Distribution-Package/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/binutils-cross-arm/2.40-r0/git'
CmdError('quilt --quiltrc /home/mmilutinovic/Distribution-Package/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/binutils-cross-arm/2.40-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/etc/quiltrc push', 0, 'stdout: Applying patch 0004-Point-scripts-location-to-libdir.patch
patching file ld/Makefile.am
Hunk #1 FAILED at 51 (different line endings).
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file ld/Makefile.am
patching file ld/Makefile.in
Hunk #1 FAILED at 574 (different line endings).
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file ld/Makefile.in
Patch 0004-Point-scripts-location-to-libdir.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)

stderr: ')
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/mmilutinovic/Distribution-Package/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/binutils-cross-arm/2.40-r0/temp/log.do_patch.28777
ERROR: Task (/home/mmilutinovic/Distribution-Package/layers/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/binutils/binutils-cross_2.40.bb:do_patch) failed with exit code '1'
ERROR: pkgconfig-native-0.29.2+gitAUTOINC+d97db4fae4-r0 do_patch: Applying patch '0001-glib-gettext.m4-Update-AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT-to-match-.patch' on target directory '/home/mmilutinovic/Distribution-Package/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/pkgconfig-native/0.29.2+gitAUTOINC+d97db4fae4-r0/git'
CmdError('quilt --quiltrc /home/mmilutinovic/Distribution-Package/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/pkgconfig-native/0.29.2+gitAUTOINC+d97db4fae4-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/etc/quiltrc push', 0, 'stdout: Applying patch 0001-glib-gettext.m4-Update-AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT-to-match-.patch
patching file glib/m4macros/glib-gettext.m4
Hunk #1 FAILED at 313 (different line endings).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 383 (different line endings).
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file glib/m4macros/glib-gettext.m4
Patch 0001-glib-gettext.m4-Update-AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT-to-match-.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)

stderr: ')
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/mmilutinovic/Distribution-Package/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/pkgconfig-native/0.29.2+gitAUTOINC+d97db4fae4-r0/temp/log.do_patch.28768
ERROR: Task (virtual:native:/home/mmilutinovic/Distribution-Package/layers/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/pkgconfig/pkgconfig_git.bb:do_patch) failed with exit code '1'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
markom
Associate

Looks like my git settings were wrong for line endings

I had run 

git config --global core.autocrlf true

previously and that seems to mess up the process

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
markom
Associate