cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157-EV kit with led blink

ABayl.2
Associate II

Hello, I have dual core STM32MP157F-EV evaluation kit. I can connect via ST-link and install an application (This is installing on M4). And when I press the reset button, the application is deleted because the M4 core is RAM. I want it to work again every time I reset it. How can I do that ? How can I create an application-specific yocto project?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @ABayl.2​ ,

Did you not forget that this fw_cortex_m4.sh should be called with a "start" argument ?

If you want to use it, maybe try to do a such script in /etc/profile.d

#!/bin/sh

(cd <fw_script_dir> && ./fw_cortex_m4.sh start)

I was not complete in my first answer saying that it was not possible. We have solutions not recommended but I put you here the link of the article: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Linux_remoteproc_framework_overview#How_to_use_the_framework

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @ABayl.2​,

You are right, M4 firmware are not reloaded by default at reset time, but you can configure it yourself with a little workaround.

As A7 cortex is consider as a kind of master for M4 cortex, it will start first. You can create a script placed in /etc/profile.d (this folder runs all the scripts inside after Linux boot time) that starts your M4 firmware with remoteproc interface. (see https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Linux_remoteproc_framework_overview)

Kind regards,

Erwan

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ABayl.2
Associate II

Thanks Erwan. I will try it.

My own application I uploaded it to the card using ethernet via CubeIDE. Then I went to /usr/local/project on the card and copied the fw_cortex_m4.sh file inside the project to the /etc/profile.d folder. I pressed the reset button but nothing happened.

Hello @ABayl.2​ ,

Did you not forget that this fw_cortex_m4.sh should be called with a "start" argument ?

If you want to use it, maybe try to do a such script in /etc/profile.d

#!/bin/sh

(cd <fw_script_dir> && ./fw_cortex_m4.sh start)

I was not complete in my first answer saying that it was not possible. We have solutions not recommended but I put you here the link of the article: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Linux_remoteproc_framework_overview#How_to_use_the_framework

Kind regards,

Erwan.

Thank you very much Erwan !!! It works...

@ABayl.2​ ,

Glad to see that your issue has been solved ! Do not hesitate to put the answer as "Best answer" as it can help other member of the forum.

Kind regards,

Erwan.