cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux image "/usr/local/" folder is empty

nataut
Associate III

Hello everyone

The "bitbake <my_recipe>" process ends without errors but the "/usr/local/" folder of the image is empty (there are no ST demo folders and no "weston-start-at-startup" folder). Why?

Thanks  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nataut
Associate III

@Erwan SZYMANSKI 

Thank you for your availability. I cleaned and rebuild the yocto image and now the "/usr/local" folders are present.

Many thanks     

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hi @nataut ,
What is the image you compiled ? Because here you tell me about a bitbake recipe compilation, but do you compile the complete image provided by ST ? Or did you make your own image ?

Whatever, you have to know that everything installed inside /usr/local in Yocto is overwritten by the userfs recipe.

To take an example, I invite you to take a look at /meta-st/meta-st-stm32mp/recipes-st/images/st-image-userfs.bb. I think it will help you to understand how to manage your userfs part with Yocto.

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
nataut
Associate III

Hello @Erwan SZYMANSKI 

I'm talking about a Yocto image with bsp openstlinux-4.19-thud. Until now those folders were always created. I haven't changed anything in the meta-st layer. In the last build I only changed my own device tree.What can be the reason? What should I check?

Many thanks

Regards

Hello @nataut ,
ST does not support nor openstlinux-4.19 or openstlinux-5.4 anymore. I highly advice you to upgrade your OSTL version to 4.1 to get support.

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
nataut
Associate III

Hello @Erwan SZYMANSKI 

It is difficult for me to update the openstlinux version. 

I think my question is a general one that applies to the other versions as well.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

@nataut ,

Do you build st-image-weston as your complete image ?

Kind regards,
Erwan.

nataut
Associate III

@Erwan SZYMANSKI 

Thank you for your availability. I cleaned and rebuild the yocto image and now the "/usr/local" folders are present.

Many thanks     

@nataut ,
Thanks for your quick feedback.

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.