cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kirkstone - > cannot compile qt-wpe-simple browser

MBeli.1
Associate III

Trying to compile wpe-browser from meta-wpewebkit and during building cog I'm getting error:

https://github.com/Igalia/meta-webkit/issues/446

It seems that gcnano-userland-multi-binary-stm32mp provides gbm.h which clash with one from cog.

I've resolved it by:

`GPU_USERLAND_LIBRARIES_WAYLAND = "mesa"` adding to local.conf

and also by adding append for gcnano-userland-multi-binary-stm32mp.bbappend

with content:

`GCNANO_PACKAGECONFIG:remove = "gbm"` but when I start wpe browser it display just white background and nothing more.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Jean-Marc B
ST Employee

Hi @MBeli.1​ 

What is your OpenSTLinux ecosystem version? 4.1?

Do you select the kirkstone branch from the meta-webkit layer?

Best regards,

--JM

MBeli.1
Associate III

@Jean-Marc B​ Exactly. OpenSTLinux is 4.1 and on meta-webkit I use kirkstone branch.

Thanks.

Jean-Marc B
ST Employee

Hi @MBeli.1​ 

The issue you related about no page displayed by the browser may be related to this issue which seems to be still active (last post 3 weeks ago):

https://github.com/Igalia/meta-webkit/issues/184

It seems to me the problem is based on Qt integration / version.

Best regards

--JM

MBeli.1
Associate III

@Jean-Marc B​ ok thanks, maybe yes. But how about this error:

```Compiling cog for stm32 platform kirkstone branch getting following :

cog/0.14.1-r0/cog-0.14.1/platform/drm/cog-drm-modeset-renderer.c:110:1: error: conflicting types for 'get_drm_fd'; have 'int(CogDrmModesetRenderer *)'

110 | get_drm_fd(CogDrmModesetRenderer *self)

| ^~~~~~~~~~

In file included from /data/projects/test/yocto/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi/cog/0.14.1-r0/cog-0.14.1/platform/drm/cog-drm-modeset-renderer.c:11:

/data/projects/test/yocto/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi/cog/0.14.1-r0/recipe-sysroot/usr/include/gbm.h:246:1: note: previous declaration of 'get_drm_fd' with type 'int(void)'

246 | get_drm_fd(void);

| ^~~~~~~~~~

```

Thanks.

Hi @MBeli.1​ 

It is hard to fix the compilation error as the library and the application define the same function. The application here does not expect this function provided by the current libgdm implementation.

Your work-around is correct. However, you can use MESA to drive the GPU but not in commercial products because of the end-user license agreement (EULA).

Best regards,

--JM