cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Task do_populate_sdk in .... rdepends upon non-existent task do_package_write_deb

SigmaPrime
Senior

Hello

I am trying to build an Image based on the Yocto Project for my stm32mp157c-DK2 according to st-wiki.

When I try to build the image I get the following error.

ERROR: Task do_populate_sdk in /home/mehdi/Distribution-Package/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-11-12/layers/meta-st/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-st/images/st-image-weston.bb rdepends upon non-existent task do_package_write_deb in /home/mehdi/Distribution-Package/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-11-12/layers/meta-st/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-st/images/st-image-weston.bb ERROR: Command execution failed: 1

What did I miss or what did I do wrong in my local.conf file ?

Best regards.

I can share with you the content of the file.

3 REPLIES 3
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SigmaPrime​ ,

st-wiki page you mention didn't cover any kind of customization but just building delivered image.

What are you trying to achieve ?

Where does this local.conf come from ?

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your response Oliver.

I know. The wiki page is simply a basic support on how to build an image for my stm32.

I simply wanted to add some packages to be integrated into the build.

I don't understand why some packages are not able to be built properly although their recipes are in the layers provided by the wiki.

I simply want to learn how to configure my image based on the layers provided:

-Adding packages to be used

-Configuring the Linux Tree through menuconfig

I used to work with other distros like buildroot and the procedure to do these to steps was way less complicated than using Yocto (or a Yocto based project).

I am still learning that's why it is blurry in my mind.

The local.conf is located at ~/DP1/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-11-12/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1-disco/conf.

I simply used the IMAGE_INSTALL_append to add packages. It appears that this will not work with all packages.

Thank you.

I am not quite sure if I did it according to the proper way.

I will share my last version for the local.conf file.

For example "bluez" is not built in the final version of the image

When I flash my Image and go to the etc/ Directory it appears that not all Packages were installed although the layers containing the corresponding recipes are included