cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

touchgfx on stm32mp135 dk touchgfx

JPabl.1
Associate II

Hi there TouchGFX team

I've a ui running on the simulator and I would like to start running it on my dk. I can't find any examples on how to run it on the stm32mp135-dk, can you me guide on this? 

Thanks a lot in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @JPabl.1,

The X-TOUCHGFX-MPU Add-on is based on STM32Cube BareMetal Ecosystem.

There a getting started section in ST Wiki page which would help you to start your first TouchGFX project on STM32MP135F-DK board.

How to install X-TouchGFX MPU Addon - stm32mpu

You might also need to look on official TouchGFX Documentation to get better knowledge about how to develop GUI with TouchGFX framework.

Introduction | TouchGFX Documentation

You can use any of the available examples on the TouchGFX Designer Tool which is compatible with the STM32MP135F-DK board. Please refer to section "5.1. TouchGFX Quick Start" in the ST Wiki page mentioned above for more details.

Unfortunately, as far as I know you can't deploy your pre-built TouchGFX application (BareMetal based app) on your Linux based platform, this won't work on your target. This wouldn't work as the application will be running on the same main processor CA7.

If you have logs about the error, you have got while trying to build your TouchGFX app with STM32CubeIDE please post it here we can try to help you fixing them.

Best Regards,

Akram

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

This wiki can help you.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
JPabl.1
Associate II

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I followed that wiki and although I haven't been able to compile the project in STM32Cube IDE it helped solve some questions. 

This "add on" works as a bare metal application? I'm using the MPU so I intend to run embedded Linux on it, and the idea is to develop the GUI using TouchGFX. 

It seems this "add on" is very new, so I haven't found any documentation or examples about it. I'm still confused if I can develop my GUI on TouchGFX, add my business logic using STM32Cube IDE, compile it and add it to my embedded Linux image. is this approach possible? 

Thanks!

Hello @JPabl.1,

The X-TOUCHGFX-MPU Add-on is based on STM32Cube BareMetal Ecosystem.

There a getting started section in ST Wiki page which would help you to start your first TouchGFX project on STM32MP135F-DK board.

How to install X-TouchGFX MPU Addon - stm32mpu

You might also need to look on official TouchGFX Documentation to get better knowledge about how to develop GUI with TouchGFX framework.

Introduction | TouchGFX Documentation

You can use any of the available examples on the TouchGFX Designer Tool which is compatible with the STM32MP135F-DK board. Please refer to section "5.1. TouchGFX Quick Start" in the ST Wiki page mentioned above for more details.

Unfortunately, as far as I know you can't deploy your pre-built TouchGFX application (BareMetal based app) on your Linux based platform, this won't work on your target. This wouldn't work as the application will be running on the same main processor CA7.

If you have logs about the error, you have got while trying to build your TouchGFX app with STM32CubeIDE please post it here we can try to help you fixing them.

Best Regards,

Akram