cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenSTLinux: git approach to storing cubemx and generated code and device trees

MScor.1
Associate II

TL;DR: is there an "ST approved" method to put have a custom machine's CubeMX project AND generated code under source control?

I am trying to do something similar to OP's goal in this post, which didn't receive a full response, I think.

I have also gone through the "create your own machine" guide and I managed to generate a custom machine, except a couple of snags (e.g. CubeMX 6.12 adds a CA7/ element to the generated device tree path, which the guide seems to ignore, I guess it's out of date?).

Now, this work needs to go to source control somehow, and the guide doesn't provide any guidance on how to do that.

1. One option would be to fork meta-st-stm32mp-addons, point your manifest to your fork and store your work there. This has a minor drawback (the need to keep your fork up-to-date with the official meta-st-stm32mp-addons), but also it seems to be explicitly discouraged by the meta-st-stm32mp-addons repo, since it puts the mx folder in .gitignore
  2. Another option, which would be more "yocto-like" is to have a separate layer that overlays on top of meta-st-stm32mp-addons. Your manifest would always point to the original, ST-provided meta-st-stm32mp-addons, and also point to your own "meta-custom-machine" layer. I am not sure how to go about that, though, because I am not sure about the assumptions that envseup.sh (and more generally, the build system) makes about where machines are defined, where devicetrees are found, etc etc

0 REPLIES 0