Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting issue to install tkinter in Stm32Mp1

Ranjeet Singh
Senior

i am getting issue to install Tkinter .

RanjeetSingh_0-1698470977216.png

error - E: Unable to locate package python3-tk

does we can not install Tkinter in STM32MP1 ? if there is anyway to install it then please let me know .

2 REPLIES 2
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @Ranjeet Singh ,
I am not sure Tkinter is proposed by default as a package downloadable on ST package repo. However, on OpenSTLinux distribution (Yocto Distribution Package), you can see this in layers/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/python/python3_3.11.2.bb :

RDEPENDS:${PN}-tkinter += "${@bb.utils.contains('PACKAGECONFIG', 'tk', '${MLPREFIX}tk ${MLPREFIX}tk-lib', '', d)}"

I think you can try a Yocto compilation with adding the "tk" PACKAGECONFIG to your Image configuration. 

If you are not familiar with Yocto and Distribution Package, please take a look at the following article : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP1_Distribution_Package

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @Erwan SZYMANSKI ,

Thanks for the tip but it doesn't seem to be sufficient as it depends on X11 module:

```

$ bitbake st-image-weston
Parsing of 2868 .bb files complete (0 cached, 2868 parsed). 4596 targets, 530 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'tk' (but /home/vincent/Documents/03_DEV/Distribution_package/layers/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/python/python3_3.11.5.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
tk was skipped: missing required distro feature 'x11' (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)
NOTE: Runtime target 'libiio-tests' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['libiio-tests', 'python3', 'tk']
NOTE: Runtime target 'packagegroup-framework-tools-base' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['packagegroup-framework-tools-base', 'libiio-tests', 'python3', 'tk']
```

Kind regards,

Vincent