cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running DDR_Init on STM32MP135F-DK board

SteMMo
Associate II

Hi all,
i'm trying to run the DDR_Init project as my first project on STM32MP135F-DK board.
I loaded the project on CDT Eclipse IDE and added some configurations: the build is ok.
I report the main.c compiler command line as example:

Building file: C:/Progetti/dbTechnologies/testSTM32/DDR/Projects/STM32MP135C-DK/Examples/DDR/DDR_Init/Src/main.c
Invoking: GNU Arm Cross C Compiler
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-a7 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=vfpv4-d16 -Og -ffunction-sections -fstack-usage -g3 -DCORE_CA7 -DUSE_STM32MP13XX_DK -DSTM32MP135Fxx -DDDR_TYPE_DDR3_4Gb -I"C:\Progetti\dbTechnologies\testSTM32\DDR\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32MP13xx\Include" -I"C:\Progetti\dbTechnologies\testSTM32\DDR\Drivers\CMSIS\Core_A\Include" -I"C:\Progetti\dbTechnologies\testSTM32\DDR\Drivers\BSP\STM32MP13xx_DISCO" -I"C:\Progetti\dbTechnologies\testSTM32\DDR\Projects\STM32MP135C-DK\Examples\DDR\DDR_Init\Inc" -I"C:\Progetti\dbTechnologies\testSTM32\DDR\Drivers\STM32MP13xx_HAL_Driver\Inc" -std=gnu11 -MMD -MP -MF"Application/User/main.d" -MT"Application/User/main.o" -c -o "Application/User/main.o" "C:/Progetti/dbTechnologies/testSTM32/DDR/Projects/STM32MP135C-DK/Examples/DDR/DDR_Init/Src/main.c"
Finished building: C:/Progetti/dbTechnologies/testSTM32/DDR/Projects/STM32MP135C-DK/Examples/DDR/DDR_Init/Src/main.c

The commandline for linker is:

Building target: DDR_Init_A7.elf
Invoking: GNU Arm Cross C Linker
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-a7 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=vfpv4-d16 -Og -ffunction-sections -fstack-usage -g3 -T "../stm32mp13xx_a7_sysram.ld" -Xlinker --gc-sections -Wl,-Map,"DDR_Init_A7.map" --specs=nano.specs --specs=nosys.specs -static -o "DDR_Init_A7.elf" ./Drivers/STM32MP13xx_HAL_Driver/stm32mp13xx_hal.o ./Drivers/STM32MP13xx_HAL_Driver/stm32mp13xx_hal_ddr.o ./Drivers/STM32MP13xx_HAL_Driver/stm32mp13xx_hal_dma.o ./Drivers/STM32MP13xx_HAL_Driver/stm32mp13xx_hal_dma_ex.o ./Drivers/STM32MP13xx_HAL_Driver/stm32mp13xx_hal_gpio.o ./Drivers/STM32MP13xx_HAL_Driver/stm32mp13xx_hal_i2c.o ./Drivers/STM32MP13xx_HAL_Driver/stm32mp13xx_hal_pwr.o ./Drivers/STM32MP13xx_HAL_Driver/stm32mp13xx_hal_pwr_ex.o ./Drivers/STM32MP13xx_HAL_Driver/stm32mp13xx_hal_rcc.o ./Drivers/STM32MP13xx_HAL_Driver/stm32mp13xx_hal_rcc_ex.o  ./Drivers/CMSIS/irq_ctrl_gic.o ./Drivers/CMSIS/mmu_stm32mp13xx.o ./Drivers/CMSIS/system_stm32mp13xx_A7.o  ./Drivers/BSP/STM32MP13xx_DISCO/stm32mp13xx_disco.o ./Drivers/BSP/STM32MP13xx_DISCO/stm32mp13xx_disco_bus.o ./Drivers/BSP/STM32MP13xx_DISCO/stm32mp13xx_disco_stpmic1.o  ./Application/User/main.o ./Application/User/stm32mp13xx_hal_msp.o ./Application/User/stm32mp13xx_it.o  ./syscalls.o   
C:/Program Files (x86)/Arm GNU Toolchain arm-none-eabi/13.3 rel1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/13.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: cannot find entry symbol Reset_Handler; not setting start address
Finished building target: DDR_Init_A7.elf
The generated commad lines is quite similar to the ones generated by the STCubeIDE.
Note: please see the warning message for Reset_Handler .. is it critical?

When I upload the binary on board by GDB OpenOCD Debug profile, the run breaks with the message:

Break at address "0x4904" with no debug information available, or outside of program code.

I don't think this is the main() entry point ..
If I press 'Resume F8' button the program seems to continue, and the red LED is steady on - the USB STLink LED is flashing red/green.

I also added some other breakpoints (in the main function and others) but none of them breaks.

Am I missing some compiler options? Or they are wrong?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SteMMo ,

ST highly recommend to use CubeIDE for an optimal experience. 

Can you try with it and come back if issue still present ? 

Thanks

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SteMMo
Associate II

Maybe I solved downgrading the toolchain from 13.3 to 12.3 (??)

I'm investigating ...

Anyone knows issues on gnu arm gcc relase 13.3 ?

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SteMMo ,

ST highly recommend to use CubeIDE for an optimal experience. 

Can you try with it and come back if issue still present ? 

Thanks

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Ok, finally I  moved to CubeIDE, I found toolchain 12.3 and evething works,

Thanks