cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C++ Compiler support on STM32MPU

NPal.2
Senior

Hi,

I would like to compile a user space c++ application on the STM32MP157C-DK2. Is it possible to install GCC or G++ on the board?

I tried installing them via apt-get but seems like there is not any package with name gcc or g++.

How can i install it and how do i make sure it is up and running ?

I know we can use Yocto SDK to compile and transfer the code on to the board via SCP. But here i specifically want to compile it on board itself.

Any leads will be highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jean-Marc B
ST Employee

Hello @NPal.2​ 

Indeed it is not possible to install gcc/g++ toolset on the board from the OpenSTLinux repository available from apt-get commands.

I guess the only solution for you is to:

Best regards,

--JM

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jean-Marc B
ST Employee

Hello @NPal.2​ 

Indeed it is not possible to install gcc/g++ toolset on the board from the OpenSTLinux repository available from apt-get commands.

I guess the only solution for you is to:

Best regards,

--JM

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

LudovicR
ST Employee

Hi @NPal.2​ 

For your information you also have some support with STM32CubeIDE for user space project including C or C++ built.

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_debug_a_user_space_application_with_STM32CubeIDE/User_space_project

Best Regards,

Ludovic