cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build st-image-weston error

FBofi.1
Associate II

Hi ST Community,

I'm trying to build st-weston-image for my stm32mp157f-dk2 board with yocto and the following configuration:

Release: kirkstone

MACHINE = "stm32mp1"

The layers that I use are the following:

BBLAYERS ?= " \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/poky/meta \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/poky/meta-poky \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/poky/meta-yocto-bsp \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-openembedded/meta-filesystems \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-openembedded/meta-gnome \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-openembedded/meta-initramfs \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-openembedded/meta-multimedia \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-openembedded/meta-networking \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-openembedded/meta-perl \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-openembedded/meta-python \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-openembedded/meta-webserver \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-openembedded/meta-xfce \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-st-stm32mp \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-st-openstlinux \

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-qt5 \

"

No other configuration has been done.

Then when I run de "bitbake st-image-weston" command to start with building process all is ok, but after parsing recipes appears the following error:

ERROR: No recipes in default available for:

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-connectivity/bluez5/bluez5_5.64.bbappend

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-graphics/wayland/weston_10.0.0.bbappend

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-libav_1.20.2.bbappend

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad_1.20.2.bbappend

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-base_1.20.2.bbappend

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-good_1.20.2.bbappend

I'm completely confused with this error. Does anyone know what this error means?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @FBofi.1​ ,

Yes this problem is known from ST side since kirkstone version. Now you have to place your distribution package in a very short path of your local system to avoid this issue.

To not loose your last compilation time, when you will create your new <build_folder> after sourcing your environment in your new path, you can copy the sstate-cache of your last build (that failed with file name too long).

In summary:

• Create a new folder with a path name quite short (ex: $HOME/yocto/ostl4.0)
  • Follow distribution package article (repo init ... repo sync ...)
  • source your environment
  • in the <build_folder> created, copy the sstate-cache of your failed build
  • compile your image

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @FBofi.1​ ,

If you kept the standard configuration delivered with OSTL 4.0, it is strange that this error happens.

Can you check if you can detect the recipes with the following command ?

bitbake-layers show-recipes > out.txt

I advice you to put the output of the command in an out.txt file as it can be quite long.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
FBofi.1
Associate II

Hello @Erwan SZYMANSKI​ , Thanks for the quick response

I ran the command you said but i got a similar error. I'm attaching it below:

ERROR: No recipes in default available for:

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-connectivity/bluez5/bluez5_5.64.bbappend

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/yocto/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-graphics/wayland/weston_10.0.0.bbappend

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-libav_1.20.2.bbappend

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad_1.20.2.bbappend

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-base_1.20.2.bbappend

</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-good_1.20.2.bbappend

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/poky/bitbake/bin/bitbake-layers", line 95, in <module>

ret = main()

File "</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/poky/bitbake/bin/bitbake-layers", line 85, in main

tinfoil.parse_recipes()

File "</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/tinfoil.py", line 448, in parse_recipes

self.run_actions(config_params)

File "</absolute/path/to/yocto/directory>/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/tinfoil.py", line 431, in run_actions

raise TinfoilUIException(ret)

bb.tinfoil.TinfoilUIException: 1

As additional information, the repositories where I obtained the layers are the following

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/meta-st-openstlinux

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/meta-st-stm32mp

https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5

https://github.com/openembedded/meta-openembedded

Any other idea what might be going on?

Thanks, best regards.

Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @FBofi.1​ ,

If you get all the different layers independently, It is highly possible that some versions are not good or something like this.

What I advice you is to start from Distribution Package article and get the repo with repo init and repo sync commands. With this method, you will have all the right versions for each layers.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

(PS: you can take v22.07.27 instead of v22.06.15 as it corrects some minor bugs)

Moreover, with regarding to your Path, it seems to not have:

<absolute_path>/layers/openembedded-core/meta inside that contains gstreamer recipes. Can you check that you have it somewhere in your <layer> folder and check if the layer is well added to your conf ?

Kind regards,

Erwan.

OlivierK
ST Employee

Hello @FBofi.1 (Community Member)​ ,

On the top of what has been mentioned above, the same issue found + workaround.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49748528/yocto-files-directories-were-installed-but-not-shipped-in-any-package

Regards,

Olivier

FBofi.1
Associate II

Hello @Erwan SZYMANSKI​ , @OlivierK​ 

I tried to build the st-image-weston following the instructions of "Distribution Package article" instead to get repositories separately

The first error was fixed but now the following raises:

E: Failed to fetch store:/mnt/d1/yocto/STM32MPU-Ecosystem-v4.0.0/Distribution-Package/openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v22.07.27/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1-ostl-linux-gnueabi/st-image-resize-initrd/1.0-r0/oe-rootfs-repo/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4/./Packages Could not create temporary file for /mnt/d1/yocto/STM32MPU-Ecosystem-v4.0.0/Distribution-Package/openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v22.07.27/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1-ostl-linux-gnueabi/st-image-resize-initrd/1.0-r0/apt/lists/partial/_mnt_d1_yocto_STM32MPU-Ecosystem-v4.0.0_Distribution-Package_openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v22.07.27_build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1_tmp-glibc_work_stm32mp1-ostl-linux-gnueabi_st-image-resize-initrd_1.0-r0_oe-rootfs-repo_cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4_._Packages - mkstemp (36: File name too long)

Seems like the directory path name is too long, but I don't understand it because also i followed the indications related to directory structure of STM32MPU Ecosystem in the following link

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Example_of_directory_structure_for_Packages

Any suggestions? Also I attach de entire log file to additional information

Thanks, best regards.

Hello @FBofi.1​ ,

Yes this problem is known from ST side since kirkstone version. Now you have to place your distribution package in a very short path of your local system to avoid this issue.

To not loose your last compilation time, when you will create your new <build_folder> after sourcing your environment in your new path, you can copy the sstate-cache of your last build (that failed with file name too long).

In summary:

• Create a new folder with a path name quite short (ex: $HOME/yocto/ostl4.0)
  • Follow distribution package article (repo init ... repo sync ...)
  • source your environment
  • in the <build_folder> created, copy the sstate-cache of your failed build
  • compile your image

Kind regards,

Erwan.