cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZigBee timeout to join the network

lukasz2
Associate III

Hi,

The ZigBee Coordinator does not allow the new nodes to join the network after a certain amount of time. I want to change this behavior. I want the coordinator allow the new nodes to join the network at any moment of work. How to change it?

Best Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Joining Zigbee network is allowed for a limited amount of time after Coordinator start (180 seconds by default).

To allow new Zigbee devices to join Zigbee Network after Permit Join timeout, you need to restart Permit Join timer as follow:

struct ZbZdoPermitJoinReqT req;

memset(&req, 0, sizeof(req));

req.destAddr=0xFFFC;

req.tcSignificance = true;

req.duration = PERMIT_JOIN_DELAY;

ZbZdoPermitJoinReq(zigbee_app_info.zb,&req,NULL,NULL);

Maximum Permit Join delay is 0xFE (254 seconds) per Zigbee standard.

So, Permit Join timer shall be restarted on demand.

BGrah.1
Associate II

Hi,

Sorry for tagging on to your post. But I have a somewhat related problem. I have a Zigbee network consisting of a Coordinator and several sleepy end devices. All devices are using NVM, so once the network is initially formed, device can be switched on and off and devices will form/join network as they should. When the end devices join the network, config.endDeviceTimeout=ZB_NWK_CONST_ENDDEV_TIMEOUT_DISABLE. This I believe ensures that the coordinator does not knock them off the list if the device has not been seen for a while. The question I have is that if I remove an end device from the network for 12 hours (out of range-device still on) and then bring it back into the network range I am seeing that on the next transmission the coordinator is not recognizing the packet from the end device, instead I need to reboot the end device I assume causes a rejoin of network and away it goes again.

Is there something I am missing, I would hope once the device has joined the network, it would automatically rejoin and transmit when required.

Any feedback appreicated.

Regards

Ben

Stlinkos
Associate II

Hello,

I am facing the same problem as you. Have you found a solution? I am using the Zigbee_APS_Coord example. Thank you.

Best Regards,