cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi on B-U585I-IOT2A using SPI

AI_STM
Associate II

Hello, 

I'm working on the Wifi on the board B-U585I-IOT2A. 

I'd like to connect 2 modules, including the microcontroller, to the same wifi so that they can communicate with each other.

I've made some research about Wifi MXCHIP EMW3080 and example HTTP_IOT_HTTPSERVER but i still not succeed to connect any network by taking parts of the code

Has anyone ever encountered this problematic before ?

could the lwip library be useful?

Thanks you for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If I remember correctly , IOT_HTTP_WEBSERVER on B-U585I-IOT02A is based on FreeRTOS and LwIP for network stack.

We don't have lots of examples for LwIP on B-U585I-IOT02A.

The middleware on STM32U5 is based on ThreadX and NetXDuo network stack.

You can find network examples in STM32 Cube U5 in STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/NetXDuo at main · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeU5 · GitHub

TCP_Echo_Client is an example of raw TCP connection.

There is no example for websocket protocol.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Guillaume K
ST Employee

Hello

Could you give more details ?

What do you mean by "module" ? module = "B-U585I-IOT02A board" ?

"to the same wifi" : do you mean same WiFi Access Point ? what is it ? what is the security configuration ? WPA2 ?

What kind of communication do you want to do between the two "modules" ? which protocol ?

"not succeed to connect any network by taking parts of the code" -> did you write your own application with parts of the code ?

Hello Guillaume,

Thanks for your response.
Yes, so we would like to connect a B-U585I-IOT02A board (which i called module in the first message) to a Wi-fi Access Point with Wi-fi configuration is WPA2. The second module will not be a STM32 board but a generic IoT device.
We would like to exchange data using a websocket. 

Concerning our application, we wrote our own code using parts of IOT_HTTP_WEBSERVER. 
We are looking for any documentation or other project that could help us.

Thanks in advance. 

If I remember correctly , IOT_HTTP_WEBSERVER on B-U585I-IOT02A is based on FreeRTOS and LwIP for network stack.

We don't have lots of examples for LwIP on B-U585I-IOT02A.

The middleware on STM32U5 is based on ThreadX and NetXDuo network stack.

You can find network examples in STM32 Cube U5 in STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/NetXDuo at main · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeU5 · GitHub

TCP_Echo_Client is an example of raw TCP connection.

There is no example for websocket protocol.