cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why icubelrwan stack does not support stm32f407.How I can use stm32nucleol476rg as lora end node using icubelrwan stack.

Mshin.2
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Ah, I forgot to answer the second question: you can find a few projects with the NUCLEO-L476RG in the firmware archive at the above URL under

Projects\NUCLEO-L476RG\Applications

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Mshin.2​, to the community!

LoRa is a transmission method that can bridge large distances with extremely little energy. Ultra-low-power devices were specially developed for this purpose, so that they can work for a long time with a small battery or other weak energy source, for example.

The STM32L series was the first to fulfil this ultra-low power approach. An STM32F407, although very powerful, is a power waster compared to the ultra-low-power STM32L devices, which is the reason why only STM32L are currently supported by I-CUBE-LRWAN.

Nevertheless, it would be possible to port the stack to another platform, which you can certainly do yourself with the source code provided, can't you?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Ah, I forgot to answer the second question: you can find a few projects with the NUCLEO-L476RG in the firmware archive at the above URL under

Projects\NUCLEO-L476RG\Applications

Good luck!

/Peter