cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to go next with STM32WB using the B-U585I-IOT02A

TonyNovak
Associate

Hello,

I've been recently starting to get into the STM32 ecosystem using the B-U585I-IOT02A discovery board, first by toggling LEDs and GPIOs but eventually trying to get familiar with how to use the integrated STM32WB5MMG module.

I was able to get a decent understanding by checking the official playlist for the STM32WB (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnMKNibPkDnG9JRe2fbOOpVpWY7E4WbJ-) but after watching all of the videos, I was disappointed in the fact they never went into much detail on how to start developing custom applications.

Since I'm using the B-U585I-IOT02A, there is only one example that I could get working. That was to download the BLE_AT_Client example onto the STM32U585AI chip, which unfortunately is not compatible with CubeMX which is annoying, and download the BLE_AT_Server_reference.hex manually onto the STM32WB5MMG using the CubeProgrammer. This results in me being able to toggle the Green LED using the ST BLE Sensor app and get notified on the app when I press the user button on the board. Unfortunately I want to add more functionality to the example but I'm not sure where to go next.

A good next step I would like to try is to add another button, either in the ST BLE Sensor or ST BLE Toolbox apps, to toggle the Red LED on the board. I think the end goal would be to have a custom app that can communicate with the board to enable any GPIO or functionality I would want.

I see in the current code, the ble_at_appli.c and stm32_wb_at_client.c files have many of the functions I might need, but I'm really not sure where to go from here so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you 🙂

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @TonyNovak 

As a first step, I suggest you take a look on this wiki to understand how it works exactly to build an application from scratch on an sTM32WB using CubeMX and CubeIDE. Then, try to adapt this to the existent implementation on the B-U585I-IOT02A.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.